Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train/Dart from Dun Laoghaire to Maynooth

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I've been on the dart twice my entire life and completely lost by the Irishrail website.

1: Does the dart go from Dun Laoghaire to Maynooth? According to this map it does, but seeing posts on here saying there is no dart.
    dart_shorthop.jpg?v=geadkpo

2: If there is, would you have to get off at Connolly or Pearse? Same site tells me two different things :confused::confused::confused:
    ntppHLt.png

Or is that the train....

****ing site is not stupid friendly. Travelling there and back for the next 3 weeks. Any help for this idiot is really appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dart doesnt go to maynooth. You'd have to get the Dart to one of pearse, tara street or conolly and get the train out to Maynooth.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Dart doesnt go to maynooth. You'd have to get the Dart to one of pearse, tara street or conolly and get the train out to Maynooth.

Thank you!
    Does it matter which stop you get off at though? What's the most optimal way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Couldn't tell you about charges, but you'd get off the Dart at Connolly, and get on the train from there to Maynooth, I'd imagine. Sometimes there'll be a train from Pearse, but you'll always be able to get on it at Connolly. I think.

Should be able to get some sort of weekly ticket or something, I'd imagine. Or swipe on at Dun Laoghaire and swipe off at Maynooth?

If it's easier for you, you could always get the 66 or some close variety of bus from the city centre.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Some trains originate at pearse, some at conolly. The ones that start at pearse will be stopping at conolly so changing at conolly would probably be your best bet.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

mickstupp wrote: »
    If it's easier for you, you could always get the 66 or some close variety of bus from the city centre.

The 66x would be the perfect option, from UCD to Maynooth..... however, it only runs in the morning from Maynooth to UCD. And in the evening only goes from UCD to Maynooth...:pac::pac:

The complete opposite of what I need.

While on the subject of train. When you come off the train at Maynooth, which is the quickest walking way to South campus? If anyone knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

While on the subject of train. When you come off the train at Maynooth, which is the quickest walking way to South campus? If anyone knows.

Cross the bridge over the canal just outside the station - continue straight, passing the first turn and the car park (both on the left) - then turn left when you get to the main street (Garda station on your left, the Roost on your right) - South campus gates will be in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

It's very close, really. I thought it'd take ages the first time I went to Maynooth but it's only ten minutes really. Over the little bridge, and keep going, as above.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Maynooth+University/@53.3800619,-6.5962759,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48676fe33a43580f:0xf00c7a819b93030

Advertisement