Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    Mahrez and Payet remain the 2 highest scoring midfielders and I don't see it as being a fluke. Both look like season keepers to me.

Season keepers are very rare in the mid price bracket. People were probably saying similar about Siggy at this stage last year. It's a long season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Season keepers are very rare in the mid price bracket. People were probably saying similar about Siggy at this stage last year. It's a long season.

Thing with Siggy was he never looked like an explosive goalscorer. The sort of player who was always going to be quite reliant on assists due to the role they play, so they then become reliant on the really attacking players taking their chances.

Mahrez and Payet look like regularly scoring goals aswell as being assist magnets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Yep. I'd see neither as fixture proof. Which is why I'm staying off Payet as their run gets tougher. May well regret that but there you go.

FHFC wrote: »
    Yep. I'd see neither as fixture proof. Which is why I'm staying off Payet as their run gets tougher. May well regret that but there you go.

Man City away, Liverpool away, Arsenal away, returns in all 3. Seems fairly fixture proof. His 2 blanks in 9 were actually in easier fixtures.

Man City away, Liverpool away, Arsenal away, returns in all 3. Seems fairly fixture proof. His 2 blanks in 9 were actually in easier fixtures.

He blanked vs Liverpool too. I know he got an assist against Arsenal and City but his big scores and goals all came against very bad defenses. I take your point but i think its a bit early to call him or West Ham fixture proof just yet.

Arsenal were shocking in that game too, his assist should have gone to Cech! ;)

He blanked vs Liverpool too. I know he got an assist against Arsenal and City but his big scores and goals all came against very bad defenses. I take your point but i think its a bit early to call him or West Ham fixture proof just yet.

Arsenal were shocking in that game too, his assist should have gone to Cech! ;)

True about Liverpool actually!! The chap looks like he is going to be a stat machine. I made a shout to my cousin before the season started that he would hit 20 goals/assists combined which was almost laughed off, it's looking quite good right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Hangerlaand-palace? he's on my watchlist.

Danny Simpson (3.9) got 64 mins and a clean sheet yesterday. Would love if he got a few more games

Both Simpson (3.9) and Hangerlaand (4.3) got 90 mins this weekend,

if Simpson continues to get gametime he'll be taking over from Targett for my 5th Def spot,

also keeping an eye on Adam Smith (Bournemouth-4.0), got 77 mins this week and has got some minutes in every game week except GW 1.
    am thinking a 1 pointer is better than Targett who'll won't play again bar injury to Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

shineon23 wrote: »
    Both Simpson (3.9) and Hangerlaand (4.3) got 90 mins this weekend,

if Simpson continues to get gametime he'll be taking over from Targett for my 5th Def spot,

also keeping an eye on Adam Smith (Bournemouth-4.0), got 77 mins this week and has got some minutes in every game week except GW 1.
    am thinking a 1 pointer is better than Targett who'll won't play again bar injury to Bertrand.

Adam Smith would be a very economic signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Hi folks,
    Anyone watching Barry as a cheap 5th midfielder? He is 4.3 million, gets 2 points each week, and has great fixtures from week 11.
    I know he is now a holding mid but he has a history of being able to get an odd goal or an assist and will pick up a few clean sheet bonuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Jaggo wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Anyone watching Barry as a cheap 5th midfielder? He is 4.3 million, gets 2 points each week, and has great fixtures from week 11.
    I know he is now a holding mid but he has a history of being able to get an odd goal or an assist and will pick up a few clean sheet bonuses.

Until Aguero comes back, I don't think bench fodder 5th mids are worth it. You can get Delle Alli for 4.9m, Robbie Brady for 5.4m, etc. Personally, I'm going to experiment more with 3-5-2 since mids are outscoring strikers. If you must have a mid that cheap though, I'd rather Fletcher to Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Herrera 6.6ml
    if he holds his place next 2 games at number 10 and united seriously good run of fixtures...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    Herrera 6.6ml
    if he holds his place next 2 games at number 10 and united seriously good run of fixtures...........

Very good player, I've always liked what I've seen, especially from an fpl perspective. Still a big risk surrounding his game time though and I don't see that changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Herrera 6.6ml if he holds his place next 2 games at number 10 and united seriously good run of fixtures...........

Very good player, I've always liked what I've seen, especially from an fpl perspective. Still a big risk surrounding his game time though and I don't see that changing.

Didnt he play a stormer in that role in one of their first games of the season (or possibly an early champions league match)..
    ... anyway he was dropped like a hot potato the next game if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

All we see usually in our blinkered fashion is the positive things he does that contribute to goal chances, obviously VanGaal can see the whole picture and doesn't rate him so highly, the same is undoubtedly true in the case of Mahrez, so many stats are crunched nowadays that football has become something of a science.

Anyway midfield spots are so precious right now that Herrera is down my watchlist even if he plays every week,

All we see usually in our blinkered fashion is the positive things he does that contribute to goal chances, obviously VanGaal can see the whole picture and doesn't rate him so highly, the same is undoubtedly true in the case of Mahrez, so many stats are crunched nowadays that football has become something of a science.

Anyway midfield spots are so precious right now that Herrera is down my watchlist even if he plays every week,

his best position is number 10 though . It frees him from his weaker defensive duties. He is more or less OOP there cos he is a second striker .Anyway I have mata for those fixtures at the moment ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    his best position is number 10 though . It frees him from his weaker defensive duties. He is more or less OOP there cos he is a second striker .Anyway I have mata for those fixtures at the moment ........

I'm very reluctant to go for a Utd attacker as when you think one of them is the one to go for another one pops up. Lvg doesn't seem to trust herrera which is a shame as he would be a great option. For herrera to keep playing rooney has to stay striker and martial left. That then makes the previous player everyone wanted martial much less attractive. Mata is another potential great option but again I'm not sure Lvg is convinced by him. Taken off early last weekend. There is just too much chopping and changing in the Utd team for me to go with one of their attackers which is a shame as they are scoring a fair few goals. Rooney has been a midfielder a striker a no. 10 slightly to the left and now back to striker. I've just found under Lvg by the time you move to one of their players the dynamic 9f the team changes.

I'm very reluctant to go for a Utd attacker as when you think one of them is the one to go for another one pops up. Lvg doesn't seem to trust herrera which is a shame as he would be a great option. For herrera to keep playing rooney has to stay striker and martial left. That then makes the previous player everyone wanted martial much less attractive. Mata is another potential great option but again I'm not sure Lvg is convinced by him. Taken off early last weekend. There is just too much chopping and changing in the Utd team for me to go with one of their attackers which is a shame as they are scoring a fair few goals. Rooney has been a midfielder a striker a no. 10 slightly to the left and now back to striker. I've just found under Lvg by the time you move to one of their players the dynamic 9f the team changes.
    yeah mata has been fantastic for me and I really hope he does not lose his place before those lovely lovely fixtures.
    I'm going to hold darmian till new year now as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Agreed. I'm going to hold Martial for now. I'm not too particularly fussed about him being out on the wing. It never used to hurt Ronaldo's points! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

What are people's thoughts on Willian as a cheapish way into Chelsea's attack? Looks phenomenal on set pieces at the moment and seems to be getting a good run in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

mectavba wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Willian as a cheapish way into Chelsea's attack? Looks phenomenal on set pieces at the moment and seems to be getting a good run in the team.

He's looking good and if Chelsea can build on last weeks win he could become very interesting.

It's a big if though. Having said that I'm currently taking a punt on Costa (changed Kun to him for GW9), he was a bit jammy last weekend but hopefully it helped with his confidence and he can start banging them in which will in turn put Chelsea back on the winning trail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah good shout. I'm on the lookout for a hazard replacement. Staying off the Payet bus. Eriksen tempting too.

I have to say I don't get this. I know you mention tough fixtures further down the thread, but I don't understand why you'd be interested in someone who's done the square route of SFA like Eriksen over the highest scorer in the game and a model of consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I have to say I don't get this. I know you mention tough fixtures further down the thread, but I don't understand why you'd be interested in someone who's done the square route of SFA like Eriksen over the highest scorer in the game and a model of consistency.

Not really fair on Eriksen. He's averaging 6 PPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is anyone looking at bringing Coleman in after this week? He's nicely priced(5.9) this season compared to last and has good fixtures coming up. Stones is fit again which will definitely improve the chances of Everton clean sheets.

Sunderland (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Stoke (H)

Payet being the highest scorer in the game is great if you've owned him till now. If you don't currently own him you have to look at who you think can score most in the next 3 to 5 games.

Also if you're chasing you need to put a few non templates in your team.

Finally Eriksen has not done the square root of SFA by any stretch of the imagination! He has scored 4 less points that Payet in the last 4 games since returning from injury. Over the season he has a scoring rate of 12.5mins per FPL point vs Payets 12.2mins. Eriksen has Bournemouth and Villa next, Payet has Chelsea and Watford. Payet is owned by 17.5%. Eriksen by 4.6%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone tempted by Janmaat? I always thought £5m+ (he's £4.9m now I know) was too much when you're mostly relying on attacking returns for defensive points, but Newcastle do have a superb run coming up and FF Scout have bumped him up to #2 on their defensive watchlist just behind Bellerin.
    Keeping his place behind the Arsenal right-back is Newcastle’s Daryl Janmaat, who managed to register an assist in the Magpies 6-2 victory against Norwich. The 4.9-priced Dutch international leads all defenders for goal attempts over the last six Gameweeks with nine, while he’s also created six chances over the same period. While defensive returns could be in short supply, there’s little doubt Janmaat is capable of producing attacking points for his 2% ownership.

I was going to get a Newcastle defender in over the next week or so anyway to pair with O'Shea for their upcoming run and I have that bit of cash spare so he's tempting me big time.

sun, STO, bou, LEI, pal, LIV, tot, AVL, EVE, wba takes you to the new year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking at bringing Coleman in after this week? He's nicely priced(5.9) this season compared to last and has good fixtures coming up. Stones is fit again which will definitely improve the chances of Everton clean sheets.

Sunderland (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Stoke (H)

After this gw, it might not be a bad idea to consider Lukaku and Barkley too.

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Janmaat? I always thought £5m+ (he's £4.9m now I know) was too much when you're mostly relying on attacking returns for defensive points, but Newcastle do have a superb run coming up and FF Scout have bumped him up to #2 on their defensive watchlist just behind Bellerin.

I was going to get a Newcastle defender in over the next week or so anyway to pair with O'Shea for their upcoming run and I have that bit of cash spare so he's tempting me big time.

sun, STO, bou, LEI, pal, LIV, tot, AVL, EVE, wba takes you to the new year.

Yeah, have wanted Janmaat even if he is a card magnet. Two issues: one, their defence is leaky, and two: I already have Bellerin, Bertrand, Kolarov, Richards and Ward. I could replace ward for janmaat, but I think my defence is already covered by attacking defenders so I wouldn't start him most games.

Sunderland (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Stoke (H)

Very seriously considering it.

I'm always tempted by Janmaat but never end up getting him. I'm also tempted by Coleman but with Galloway at his price Id probably just go with him unless Baines is due back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sunderland (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Aston Villa (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Stoke (H)

Quite a few of us are waiting to board the Blue Train after this gw. Just a matter of picking the right seat for the journey.

Coleman
    Barkley
    Delofeu
    Lukaku
    Galloway
    Howard

All these under serious consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I went for Howard and Lukaku in the WC last week.

I decided that Evertons cleanie will be unpredictable and Howard at 5.1 was nicely enough priced for what I hope to bet.

Here's to Mirallas getting back into the team to complete the Everton set in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fully engaged in Pullisball just now and its Evans to go rather than Myhill for me.

Coleman plus Delofeu or Barkley for me.

I'm always tempted by Janmaat but never end up getting him. I'm also tempted by Coleman but with Galloway at his price Id probably just go with him unless Baines is due back.

Baines is not far away afaik.

Baines is not far away afaik.

That would put the brakes on me for sure.

Emre Can is rising @ 1.4% ph according to FFix, did Klopp have something really good to say about him or is it a blip on FFix do you think ? It seems to have come out of left field to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Colking wrote: »
    Emre Can is rising @ 1.4% ph according to FFix, did Klopp have something really good to say about him or is it a blip on FFix do you think ? It seems to have come out of left field to me.

Well he did score in the game so that might be the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finally Eriksen has not done the square root of SFA by any stretch of the imagination! He has scored 4 less points that Payet in the last 4 games since returning from injury. Over the season he has a scoring rate of 12.5mins per FPL point vs Payets 12.2mins. Eriksen has Bournemouth and Villa next, Payet has Chelsea and Watford. Payet is owned by 17.5%. Eriksen by 4.6%.

I have to hold my hands up on this point, Eriksen has accumulated more points than I realised. I was away for GW8 and didn't realised he grabbed a brace against the Swans. That'll teach me to double check my facts before throwing a player under the bus :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The potential return of Nuri Sahin to Fantasy Football will surely leave mixed emotions for long time posters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/
    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp may go back to former club Borussia Dortmund to try to sign 27-year-old midfielder Nuri Sahin, who had a spell on loan at Anfield from Real Madrid in 2012.

Keeping with the Liverpool theme I have half an eye on Adam Lallana over the next number of weeks.

• Advertisement

One player I've not seen mentioned anywhere is West Ham's Lanzini at 5.3 in midfield.

He's started the last 7 and seems a livewire. For those needing to find cash or implementing a Payet-less strong front 8 he could be a cracker.

One player I've not seen mentioned anywhere is West Ham's Lanzini at 5.3 in midfield.

He's started the last 7 and seems a livewire. For those needing to find cash or implementing a Payet-less strong front 8 he could be a cracker.

People are still going without Payet??? :eek::eek::eek:

People are still going without Payet??? :eek::eek::eek:

I believe there are 1 or 2 still going without Vardy too, eh Mr P ? ;)

R5B9PkW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

After managing 120 mins last night does Shawcross now become an option? Very solid def at 4.8m
    Stoke only have 2 clean sheets to their name and have 4 aways in their next 6. But he's one I'll keep an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Gomis drops in price again to 6.9. He's joint seventh in the strikers list for points scored so far this season and the third cheapest.

Swansea face Arsenal this week but I think I may be picking him up in Gameweek 12 when they play Norwich away and then Bournemouth at home.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Gomis drops in price again to 6.9. He's joint seventh in the strikers list for points scored so far this season and the third cheapest.

Swansea face Arsenal this week but I think I may be picking him up in Gameweek 12 when they play Norwich away and then Bournemouth at home.

He's on horrendous form though, all those points were gotten in the first few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aenaes wrote: »

He's literally done nothing in 6 gameweeks now. His time has long since passed IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    He's literally done nothing in 6 gameweeks now. His time has long since passed IMO.
    Bout time too - that celebration was getting stupid

Bafetimbi-Gomis-601870.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haven't seen too many people mention Tadic. Has scored the same amount of points as Mane, is a million cheaper and is on pens. Just under 7% ownership too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Haven't seen too many people mention Tadic. Has scored the same amount of points as Mane, is a million cheaper and is on pens. Just under 7% ownership too.

He's hot and cold though, remember when he scored the hat trick last season and created a bandwagon, then back to his usual returns after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Invincible wrote: »
    He's hot and cold though, remember when he scored the hat trick last season and created a bandwagon, then back to his usual returns after.

So is Mane to be fair...just don't see the point of shelling out an extra million for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement