Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So is Mane to be fair...just don't see the point of shelling out an extra million for him.

You would usually only need to watch Southampton for 15 minutes to realise why Mane is worth the extra 1m, in saying that I am quite surprised with your hard evidence of points scored to date. I still believe that Mane will destroy Tadic between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

So is Mane to be fair...just don't see the point of shelling out an extra million for him.

True....but just have an idea of Mane being more prolific, haven't looked at stats to compare though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You would usually only need to watch Southampton for 15 minutes to realise why Mane is worth the extra 1m, in saying that I am quite surprised with your hard evidence of points scored to date. I still believe that Mane will destroy Tadic between now and the end of the season.

I've no doubt Mané is the better player from watching him, I'm just basing my opinion on their fpl returns. Last season there was only 20 points difference between them and Mane played more minutes than Tadic. I'm just not as convinced about Mané as some other people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What bout lingard at 4.5? Likely to keep place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »

short term definitley yes LVG even wrote a special bit in his programme notes yday about him BUT if things don't go well for a game or 2 he will be out of team maybe never to be seen again !
    you would probably be safe enough with him till the January wildcard though
    now you have me thinking cos he certainly has an eye for goal.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    short term definitley yes LVG even wrote a special bit in his programme notes yday about him BUT if things don't go well for a game or 2 he will be out of team maybe never to be seen again !
    you would probably be safe enough with him till the January wildcard though
    now you have me thinking cos he certainly has an eye for goal.........

Nobody is gonna use their second wildcard in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Like janujaz a couple of years back it will more than likely end in dissapointment from an ff point of view. He is at a price where u need him to be your bench player but is playing for a team that you will feel you have to start him every week especially with their fixtures. I would expect a lot of 1 pointers from him being subbed off early if things not going well or coming on for the last 20 min.

Rose popping up with an odd assist could be Azpilicueta's replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Invincible wrote: »
    Rose popping up with an odd assist could be Azpilicueta's replacement.

Spurs have some good fixtures too.

it goes:
    WHM;
    CHE;
    west brom;
    NEW;
    south;
    NOR;
    wat;
    LEIC;
    SUN;
    c pal;
    nor;
    WAT;
    man city away on GW 26 13th Feb.

I think there is a good few cleansheets in there, especially if Payet is out and if chelsea remain as bad as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

... and it actually does fit perfectly well with the last post on this very thread :cool:.
    slingerz wrote: »
    What about Deli Alli as an option
    Rubbish player.

Let's me save you the trouble of reading the last few pages and tell you that the general consensus is not to touch him.

Motm vs Swansea on the last MNF
    Motm vs Arsenal in his first NLD last Sunday
    Motm and goal on his full England debut tonight.

... might be watch list material I suppose
    LostArt wrote: »
    Spurs fan here, he hasn't been and won't play high up the pitch enough to warrant fpl selection imo
    He's only 4.9 though and he certainly has an eye for goal, Dier covers the defence very well and Spurs should dominate many games enough to allow some freedom for either of them, I actually think he's a great option to be a fourth midfielder to allow extra funds for the front three.
    I was strongly considering Alli, see a page or two back, but chose Deulofeu instead. I have a little more doubt that I made the right decision after seeing that goal pop in yesterday, and he assisted the assist.
    LostArt wrote: »
    I don't agree, while he has been playing very well both Mason and Bentaleb are fit now so I think there'll be a bit of rotation in cm, plus Alli is one booking from a suspension.
    The suspension thing is a problem alright but for 4.9 I'd be alright with him missing a week, that could allow for the rotation you suggest as well. It'd be a shame if it as Norwich or Newcastle at home I suppose.
    I'm a Spurs fan as well and with the greatest respect for both of them, neither Bentaleb or Mason are near the class of Alli and he's gonna get better.
    With 4th a real possibility I think Pott will want his best players on the field in the league and Alli is one of them.
    Who knows???

I found him very good yesterday evening for his first ever English cap. He scored a wondergoal and got the ball back (from Pogba) and gave a great through ball to Sterling for Rooney's volley. He was deservedly elected Man Of the Match. But, you have to consider the context. French players probably had their heads and legs somewhere else...

So, I think, at his price, it is very safe to continue monitoring him for a while. I mean, with Mahrez's form, if Alli really becomes a real 4th mid option, we could have 2 midfield spots for £5.5m (and here I'm taking a £0.6m rising flexibility on Alli !!!). I think that should be largely enough to easily accomodate the big 3 (Sanchez-KDB-Agüero) in a strong balanced team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its hard to judge Alli considering the English tax thats put on his performance. He somehow got MoTM in the NLD despite doing absolutely nothing of note.

He now has three man of the match performances in a row, got the official MOTM against Swansea and Arsenal as well, that is a player bang on form, I see very little rotation in his future, but I'm banging on now so I'll park it there for the moment, to be honest I don't even want anybody else to buy him:P and I won't be fast tracking him in myself either.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Its hard to judge Alli considering the English tax thats put on his performance. He somehow got MoTM in the NLD despite doing absolutely nothing of note.

That is a crazy comment, I can't let that go.
    NO WAY did you see that game if you are making that comment, he was absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

He now has three man of the match performances in a row, got the official MOTM against Swansea and Arsenal as well, that is a player bang on form, I see very little rotation in his future, but I'm banging on now so I'll park it there for the moment, to be honest I don't even want anybody else to buy him:P and I won't be fast tracking him in myself either.
    If I had the flexibility I'd gladly get him as my 5th mid. I'm not ready yet to give him my 4th mid spot. I may be proven wrong but so be it. In addition, him being 1 YC away from a 1-game ban makes him an impossible option for me. It'd be stupid from me considering I own Bellerin, Sanchez & Vardy... Payet too but he'd be the one making way for Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

iroced wrote: »
    If I had the flexibility I'd gladly get him as my 5th mid. I'm not ready yet to give him my 4th mid spot. I may be proven wrong but so be it. In addition, him being 1 YC away from a 1-game ban makes him an impossible option for me. It'd be stupid from me considering I own Bellerin, Sanchez & Vardy... Payet too but he'd be the one making way for Alli.

Brought him in last week for Payet, happy to have him as a budget 5th midfielder, think he will get plenty game time over the season and looks more than capable of popping up with a few goals and assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

MOTM awards mean nothing in the context of FPL, I wouldn't be getting too carried away yet.

MOTM awards mean nothing in the context of FPL, I wouldn't be getting too carried away yet.

I think the point is (and the reason I mention them on this thread) that many people are concerned that Alli isn't going to be a regular at Spurs.
    This isn't a Michael Carrick/Glen Whelan type defensive mid we're talking about, he will be getting into scoring positions, and he's playing on a team that should be top 4 this year and have plenty of goals in them. He's in that awkward position of being a bit of an overspend for the 5th mid but people can make up their own mind obviously. As I said before, I'd be happy to play him every week I wasn't going with 4 at the back so if I get him it will probably be as a 4th midfielder. 2 goals and two assists already, I see no reason he shouldn't be great value for that price tag.

Did I say I was giving up the Alli talk about 10 posts ago:pac:

Brought him in last week for Payet, happy to have him as a budget 5th midfielder, think he will get plenty game time over the season and looks more than capable of popping up with a few goals and assists.

I'm tempted but can't justify spending 0.6 or 0.7 more for a 5th mid. People with a 4.9 ot 5m 5th mid are gonna seriously struggle to fit Aguero back in and retain any flexibility in their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He also got 3PB's in the NLD

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He also got 3PB's in the NLD

Ozil got the 3 bps and was the best player on the pitch.

Ozil got the 3 bps and was the best player on the pitch.

Says the fella with about 2000 posts on the arsenal thread in the soccer forum:p

Says the fella with about 2000 posts on the arsenal thread in the soccer forum:p

Assists: Ozil 1-0 Alli
    Chances created: Ozil 7-0 Alli
    Tackles won: Ozil 2-1 Alli
    Pass accuracy: Ozil 81% - Alli 67%

I might be biased but the stats aren't ;)

Well yeah but:o:o:(:mad:

Sky Sports is where the real experts work, no need for stats:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm tempted but can't justify spending 0.6 or 0.7 more for a 5th mid. People with a 4.9 ot 5m 5th mid are gonna seriously struggle to fit Aguero back in and retain any flexibility in their team.

Had a look at that, have good team value and resale value, so can afford the .4 m more than the likes of Wanyama, should have Aguero in my team in 2 to 3 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It's probably doable for people not going with the power 3 of Aguero, KDB, and Sanchez. I'm going back to the safety blanket of a 4m defender and 4.3m midfielder this GW after my dabbles with an expensive defence and strong front 8

• Advertisement

It's probably doable for people not going with the power 3 of Aguero, KDB, and Sanchez. I'm going back to the safety blanket of a 4m defender and 4.3m midfielder this GW after my dabbles with an expensive defence and strong front 8

Likewise. Josh and Wanyama time most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

It's funny we always seem to be employing the same strategies and moving up and down tables at same time - noticed that last year and this year again. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... don't have any concerns about Alli been rested or rotated myself.

He's started every game for spurs this year as far as I know including the first couple where Bentaleb was available.

Mason has also been back a few weeks now and he hasn't been able to dislodge him.

.. those aside, the other players competing for a place across the middle of the spurs team - Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, Dembele, SON and N'jie have all come in and out of the starting XI amongst themselves while Alli and Dier (except for his red card ban) have been consistently starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As a recently new Mahrez owner (only last GW) do I play him regardless this week or who do I drop

KDB Sanchez Mane Eriksen (Mahrez)

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    As a recently new Mahrez owner (only last GW) do I play him regardless this week or who do I drop

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

Mane may not start. He flew to Madagascar last week and will probably not be in training tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

This will lead to heartache each week, a strong front 8 cost me decent hauls Igahlo , Lukaku and Mahrez three weeks running. Gone away from that now to a standard 343.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

There's an old saying that goes something along the lines of "form over fixtures".
    I don't buy it and I play value over fixtures but then again my squad hate scoring points for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That is a crazy comment, I can't let that go.
    NO WAY did you see that game if you are making that comment, he was absolutely brilliant.

Assists: 0
    Chances created: 0
    Tackles won: 1
    Pass accuracy: 67%

Phenomenal.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Assists: 0
    Chances created: 0
    Tackles won: 1
    Pass accuracy: 67%

Phenomenal.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

I was very surprised to see those stats myself yesterday, I can only assume that statistics don't always tell the full story, themain reason why Spurs were so dominant was because Arsenal were destroyed in midfield, I thought Alli had a great game but I recall Dembele was superb as well.
    You said he did nothing of note and I would dispute that wholeheartedly, perhaps it is the case that he was a bit lucky to get the MOTM but he was a crucial part of what should have been a win in a huge match.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm looking to switch out a Norwich defender (Martin) and put in a CP defender. They are all reasonable priced (4.2-4.5) and have a good schedule coming up.

Schedule - Sun/New/Eve/Sout/Stoke/Bou

Who would you suggest? Have to say I don't know who to choose.

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm looking to switch out a Norwich defender (Martin) and put in a CP defender. They are all reasonable priced (4.2-4.5) and have a good schedule coming up.

I have Souare myself but if you have the cash Dann would be a good option too.

Jesper wrote: »

I'd choose Souare, Delaney, Ward, Kelly in that order

zouma has played every minute of last 6 league games
    nice run coming up..

km79 wrote: »
    zouma has played every minute of last 6 league games
    nice run coming up..

Could be a sideways move from Azpilicueta and costs less!

Invincible wrote: »
    Could be a sideways move from Azpilicueta and costs less!

he is dangerous from set pieces too
    hit the crossbar yday
    might switch kolarov for him in a week or 2

• Advertisement

How nailed on is Wollscheid at Stoke? They are going really well and he has played 90 in their last 7 in which they have an amazing 5 clean sheets and Wolly grabbing 5 bonus.

Unless I'm missing something he could be my ft this week to lay the ground for Aguero in GW15.

How nailed on is Wollscheid at Stoke? They are going really well and he has played 90 in their last 7 in which they have an amazing 5 clean sheets and Wolly grabbing 5 bonus.

Unless I'm missing something he could be my ft this week to lay the ground for Aguero in GW15.

He was very much in favour here early in season but lost his place but seems cemented again, great value at 4.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm planning to go with him too. He seems to be nailed on again after reclaiming his place. Stoke are playing well so I can't see Hughes changing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Shawcross is their captain and best center half so starts when fit. Wolscheid, Cameron, Muinesa and Wilson have all had extended runs in the team at center half in last couple of seasons.

Cameron had played every minute before he got injured a few weeks ago and that has coincided with Stoke's run of clean sheets. If Stoke lose or concede a few wouldn't be surprised if Wolly is dropped again. Bought Muinesa the week before he got dropped and just sold Cameron this week so I can testify you should tread carefully with Stokes defence.

I had Wolly last Jan when he looked nailed and then he got dropped. He could be worth the risk at 4.3m but I think you're better off with Simpson at 4m (I didn't end up following my own advice on that front though....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote:
    also keeping an eye on Adam Smith (Bournemouth-4.0), got 77 mins this week and has got some minutes in every game week except GW 1. am thinking a 1 pointer is better than Targett who'll won't play again bar injury to Bertrand.

Ma Boy! Adam Smith!

Is this Stanislaus lad in any way secure of his place? I had written him off as too risky but he's tempting as an enabler even if just for the price rises.

Is this Stanislaus lad in any way secure of his place? I had written him off as too risky but he's tempting as an enabler even if just for the price rises.

No Bournemouth insiders? Don't make me start trawling their fan forums people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

No Bournemouth insiders? Don't make me start trawling their fan forums people!

I'm sure one of them works with Lemlin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

irish son wrote: »
    I'm sure one of them works with Lemlin :D

I've left that job. So far the new place is a mix of boring United and Liverpool supporters with two Leeds lads thrown in!!

Advertisement