Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

FHFC wrote: »
    No garauntee he'll play. Yaya, Sterling and Silva quite likely to be the three behind Agüero imo. In which case Yaya is interesting.

Oh. And also. Navas is brock! :)

I think it'll be YaYa and Delph/Fernandinho in behind Sterling, Silva and Navas.

Navas has decent stats when he starts games.
    Just a thought for people like me who are chasing. YaYa has really high ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CONFIRMED: #Swans complete the signing of striker Alberto Paloschi for an undisclosed fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    CONFIRMED: #Swans complete the signing of striker Alberto Paloschi for an undisclosed fee

Should see that terrible excuse for a striker Gomis relegated to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Should see that terrible excuse for a striker Gomis relegated to the bench.

He generally already is. Ayew typically up front. Remember that Gomis start though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Newcastle are rumoured to be after Gomis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    He generally already is. Ayew typically up front. Remember that Gomis start though..

I do remember I pointed out it was flash in the pan because he's woeful alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Lanzini close to another drop to bring him down to 5.0M He's expected back on the 13th of February. Can't think of a better bench player for less than that!

(OK I am a bit biased with my West Ham career mode on FIFA :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Nacer Chadli. Discuss: :)

He's a goal scoring machine since he came back from injury. A double up in midfield with Alli to release a Kane shaped striker slot perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

He's a goal scoring machine since he came back from injury. A double up in midfield with Alli to release a Kane shaped striker slot perhaps?

He's very risky but could score big if he starts.
    There's only room for one of him Son and Lamela.

spock. wrote: »
    He's very risky but could score big if he starts.
    There's only room for one of him Son and Lamela.

Is it possible that with Vertonghen out that Dier would move back rather than play Wimmer therefore creating another spot in the 5. Hard not to start playing Chadli in this new form I'd imagine.

I'm very tempted but would involve a lot of juggling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

OK I give up!!!! Was close on PVA but now he's a consideration for a KDB replacement,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Is it possible that with Vertonghen out that Dier would move back rather than play Wimmer therefore creating another spot in the 5. Hard not to start playing Chadli in this new form I'd imagine.

I'm very tempted but would involve a lot of juggling!

Poch does seem to love Bentaleb though if Dier moves back to CB.

Definitely worth monitoring. Before Kane took off last season Chadli was their main source of attack early on.

I've been eager to swap Kane for Giroud for a while myself but Spurs are on a nice run of games, even if Kane isn't doing too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs have lost a first choice centre back. I don't think they will want to lose their first choice MF too by putting him at CB. Wimmer will come into the back four.

Chadli has done well in the last few games but they have been in the 3 fa cup games. He hasn't started a epl game yet (afaik).

However if Kane gets injured or rested that's where Chadli becomes a real option as bar Son they have no one to play up front. No one.

The EL is back soon so expect Chadli to start those games and if he keeps scoring then who knows.

Spurs have lost a first choice centre back. I don't think they will want to lose their first choice MF too by putting him at CB. Wimmer will come into the back four.

Chadli has done well in the last few games but they have been in the 3 fa cup games. He hasn't started a epl game yet (afaik).

However if Kane gets injured or rested that's where Chadli becomes a real option as bar Son they have no one to play up front. No one.

The EL is back soon so expect Chadli to start those games and if he keeps scoring then who knows.

Bentaleb was their first choice Defensive MF last season, and the second half of the season before when Sherwood was in charge.

Bar his injury he would have likely been starting all this season.

Seems to me that the easiest option would be to put Dier into his natural CB position, as he has had a lot of gametime this season, rather than bringing Wimmer right into such a key position.

As a Dier owner I hope I'm wrong, and you're right and Dier continues in MF.

If Chadli keeps this run of form going he would be an excellent option. Looking at his price (6.6) he'd be great value if he starts playing 90 mins.

Looking at the Danny Rose situation a few weeks ago, captaining them in the cup and not playing in the league. it's hard to know what Poch will do.

With the uncertainty for places, premium prices and being inconsistent in keeping clean sheets, I wouldn't touch the Spurs defence only I need a blocker for Alderweirld as a lot of my rivals have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Dier reverting to CB, Poch has used him there in most cup games this year, I assume that was to keep him in tune with the position in case of emergency. Personally I'd prefer Bentaleb in the side than Wimmer, Bentaleb made a massive balls up for the United goal on week 1 and has missed a lot of football since but he's a decent player.

Anyway I haven't seen or heard much about yesterdays game, was Wimmer solid looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Dier reverting to CB, Poch has used him there in most cup games this year, I assume that was to keep him in tune with the position in case of emergency. Personally I'd prefer Bentaleb in the side than Wimmer, Bentaleb made a massive balls up for the United goal on week 1 and has missed a lot of football since but he's a decent player.

Anyway I haven't seen or heard much about yesterdays game, was Wimmer solid looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Even if chadli gets his place is he going to be a better option than alli. I don't think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Doumbia straight onto the watch list

• Advertisement

Stephen Taylor (3.8)

Starts for Newcastle today. Could be a nice enabler if Newscastle are involved in the predicted DGW, for wikdcarders/bench boosters.

2 epl starts, 2 cleansheets

Kevin Wimmer 4.6 m in an inform team

With Wayanama's 5 game suspension.

If Oriel Romeu (4.2) takes his place he could a good shout for a 5th MF for upcoming blanks.

Have seen him playing a few times this season, dangerous at set pieces and has a very good shot from long range.

shineon23 wrote:
    Starts for Newcastle today. Could be a nice enabler if Newscastle are involved in the predicted DGW, for wikdcarders/bench boosters.

Nice tip. *makes mental note*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Koné at Sunderland is worth a watch. Unlucky not to get awarded the goal given as a De Gea OG on Saturday. They were raving about his performance on the second captains podcast from Monday, saying he will become a fans favourite.

At 4.3m he is very cheap for a starting CB with a goal threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Koné at Sunderland is worth a watch. Unlucky not to get awarded the goal given as a De Gea OG on Saturday. They were raving about his performance on the second captains podcast from Monday, saying he will become a fans favourite.

Van Aanholt is probably worth the extra 0.2 if you can afford it though.

• Advertisement

If I hadn't glued my colours to the mast of the good ship PVA I'd be championing him.

He's certainly got goals in him and makes the defence better. There's a time where I could see myself with both of them and Khazri as the true extent of my madness is revealed :D

Maybe Paully D could tell us his thoughts on Sunderland at the moment actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Will Keane(4.5m) could get a run if the reports of Rooney being out for a couple of months are confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »
    Will Keane(4.5m) could get a run if the reports of Rooney being out for a couple of months are confirmed

Too many better options for 3 forward spots.

If there's a DGW for them then maybe, but then I'd prefer Martial

manual_man wrote: »

Mata is the player I'd be interested in should be guaranteed his place and will be back on pens. Lingard less chance of getting dropped also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mata is the player I'd be interested in should be guaranteed his place and will be back on pens. Lingard less chance of getting dropped also.

Oh yes Mata now 100% on pens
    (Evil laughs )
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If I hadn't glued my colours to the mast of the good ship PVA I'd be championing him.

He's certainly got goals in him and makes the defence better. There's a time where I could see myself with both of them and Khazri as the true extent of my madness is revealed :D

Maybe Paully D could tell us his thoughts on Sunderland at the moment actually?

He has been fantastic overall since he came in. He was superb against Manchester City and actually should have scored twice from set plays as he put 2 excellent headers wide. He was fine against Liverpool and was exceptional against Manchester United.

He's the stereotypical Allardyce defender from what I've seen so far and it's exactly what we have been crying out for.

I do however think that clean sheets will still prove to be tricky to come by for this Sunderland side, mainly because our full-backs can't defend. For that reason van Aanholt's attacking threat wins out at the moment if I had to pick one. O'Shea and Kone should prove to be a nice CB partnership however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

LVG on striking options:

"We have Anthony Martial, another striker. He has played several matches in this role. He wants to play in this role also."

"I called Will Keane back and he does very good in the second team. That is at a lower level but sometimes you have to show it at a higher level and now he has the chance."

Wow this thread has really gone cold!

Wijnaldum now at 6.8 and dropping steadily.
    With a DGW coming up most people are mentioning Spacecraft and Shelvey as options, but for me there is only one NEW mid capable of huge scores.

One eye firmly on Georginio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

lougal88 wrote:
    Wijnaldum now at 6.8 and dropping steadily. With a DGW coming up most people are mentioning Spacecraft and Shelvey as options, but for me there is only one NEW mid capable of huge scores.

lougal88 wrote:
    Wow this thread has really gone cold!

lougal88 wrote:
    One eye firmly on Georginio.

Thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Thinking the same

Problem with picking any Newcastle at the moment is that they're toxic. McLaren should be gone today though so that could put an interesting twist on things.

Southampton U21s: 5
    Liverpool U21s: 0

Jay Rodriguez scored a hat trick.

Looking at Pelle and Mane for the Villa game in GW 35.
    Would be nice if Jay Rod was back in contention though.

Matt Targett started at LB for u21s today.

Jesus. J-Rod... forgot all about the man. Did he get injured again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ivanovic: 5 goals in 10 apps versus Aston Villa. Something to think about?? I already have him so hopefully he can bag one :)

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Ivanovic: 5 goals in 10 apps versus Aston Villa. Something to think about?? I already have him so hopefully he can bag one :)

It's the least he can do after being SHlTE for the past 3 weeks

Cedric played 90 minutes in Portugal's 2-1 win over Belgium.

I expect him to be back on the bench tbis weekend :(

#InCedricWeTrust

#JusticeForCedric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

shineon23 wrote: »
    Cedric played 90 minutes in Portugal's 2-1 win over Belgium.

I expect him to be back on the bench tbis weekend :(

#InCedricWeTrust

#JusticeForCedric

I like Martina when i've seen him play. I think he's the better option. 4.1 in the game too!

8-10 wrote: »
    I like Martina when i've seen him play. I think he's the better option. 4.1 in the game too!

I've watched every Southampton game this season,

Martina has been okay to be fair, scored that wonder goal against Arsenal but hasn't offered anything more than Cedric has been doing consistently all season. It still baffles me why he has been dropped.

I think Martina would be a wasted transfer as he is liable to be dropped in heartbeat.

I'm holding ma boy Cedric for now as I have other transfer concerns but he'll be shipped off in my wildcard.

The King is back for August.

Super Georgie Boyd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shineon23 wrote: »
    The King is back for August.

Super Georgie Boyd!!

Excellent. :)

He always seemed to score or assist when one of my starting outfield players didn't play. The perfect 5th mid. I wonder will he be priced at 5.5m though as he's had a great season in the Championship - 4 goals, 7 assists.

Excellent. :)

He always seemed to score or assist when one of my starting outfield players didn't play. The perfect 5th mid. I wonder will he be priced at 5.5m though as he's had a great season in the Championship - 4 goals, 7 assists.

That's not really a great season for an attacking player in a team that has got promoted playing 46 games in a season. He was a hero the last time round but I think burnley will strengthen in the wide positions and he may be the one to drop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's not really a great season for an attacking player in a team that has got promoted playing 46 games in a season. He was a hero the last time round but I think burnley will strengthen in the wide positions and he may be the one to drop out.

Just you wait til they replace him, he gets priced at 4.5 and he turns up at Middlesbrough to be the cheapie saviour of us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Just you wait til they replace him, he gets priced at 4.5 and he turns up at Middlesbrough to be the cheapie saviour of us all.

Now that would be epic.

Advertisement