Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I can't see Yoshida losing his place after tonight. Brilliant all-round performance.
    Could be a steal @ 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is Moreno likely get the LB spot back off Gomez or what really is the story there?

I hadn't considered him until now but in rotation he really could be a fantastic option. I'm struggling with picking my final 4.5 mid and have flitted between Ward and Richards, unhappy with either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

I hadn't considered him until now but in rotation he really could be a fantastic option. I'm struggling with picking my final 4.5 mid and have flitted between Ward and Richards, unhappy with either

Is Moreno likely get the LB spot back off Gomez or what really is the story there?

What about huth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What about huth?

The huth.
    You can't handle the Huth.

/sorry

What about huth?

I've already got him in with PVA, Cedric and Mings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Has your little brain finally blown a fuse? That's about the 4th time mixing up your defs and your mids!!!

FHFC wrote: »
    Has your little brain finally blown a fuse? That's about the 4th time mixing up your defs and your mids!!!

:o

I noticed I did it earlier alright :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

:o

I noticed I did it earlier alright :pac:
    Key trait of a hustler.

Step 1: Convince them all you've lost it
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone looking at Gradel? Was hoping he might have snook in at 5.5 - 6.0 makes him difficult to fit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone looking at Gradel? Was hoping he might have snook in at 5.5 - 6.0 makes him difficult to fit in.

I think Richie offers better value as he should be on free kicks and corners plus he has a proven track record. That said, he is on my watchlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is cedric a guaranteed saints starter? didn't play tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

My understanding is that Moreno won't be fully for for another week or two. I expect him to be back in the team once up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

One player nobody seems to mentioning is Chadli.
    He'll start every game. Chips in with assists and has a good eye for goal.

Played as a striker versus Milan last night as Kane played the night before and Spurs literally have no one else if Kane is not available.

One player nobody seems to mentioning is Chadli.
    He'll start every game. Chips in with assists and has a good eye for goal.

Played as a striker versus Milan last night as Kane played the night before and Spurs literally have no one else if Kane is not available.
    Good value at 7.0. No question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

One player nobody seems to mentioning is Chadli. He'll start every game. Chips in with assists and has a good eye for goal.

The pick of the 7.0 mids imo.
    He's far more popular on FFS than on here for some reason.
    Can't fit him in myself but I expect him to score well.

spock. wrote: »
    I think we do influence each other alot in that sense. Walcott and Van Aanholt have long been darlings of the forum. Van Aanholt currently sitting on 1% ownership overall but you can bet your arse that Mr Prodston has already activated the treble captain chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    Not that it should influence people but the fact that he is away to utd first rather than home to an easy team id imagine is putting people off. I think its hard not to pick a team without a huge emphasis on GW1.

Not that it should influence people but the fact that he is away to utd first rather than home to an easy team id imagine is putting people off. I think its hard not to pick a team without a huge emphasis on GW1.
    I've looked at Spurs' fixtures this year though and for me what they're gonna suffer in FF terms is that they don't have bulks of premium fixtures. The premium fixtures seem to be all comfortably sandwiched in between 2 tough fixures. That makes them less appealling for teams where you can transfer players out for 5 or 6 games at a time and then revisit them for their Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Sunderland (sorry Paully) spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

tomaussie wrote: »
    My understanding is that Moreno won't be fully for for another week or two. I expect him to be back in the team once up to speed.

Gomez could cement the spot if he performs well i.m.o., Moreno has never looked solid defensively since coming to Liverpool

• Advertisement

Mick must have slipped something in his tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

manual_man wrote: »
    Gomez could cement the spot if he performs well i.m.o., Moreno has never looked solid defensively since coming to Liverpool

And that could happen but I think Moreno will be back in when available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Reece Oxford hammers 4m Def playing in mid good bench option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Watchlist - Alderweireld, Oxford, Payet, Wijnaldum, Vardy, Depay, Sterling

Choplist - Cedric

kilburn wrote: »
    Reece Oxford hammers 4m Def playing in mid good bench option

Will he really keep a place though?

CSF wrote: »
    Will he really keep a place though?

Could do yeah! Played very well although Obiang is the obvious threat to his spot.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Could do yeah! Played very well although Obiang is the obvious threat to his spot.

A 16 year old keeping a place in a Premier League team would be serious going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

A 16 year old keeping a place in a Premier League team would be serious going.

was he not taking Jenkinson' place who couldn't play against parent club?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    was he not taking Jenkinson' place who couldn't play against parent club?

I dunno he played in midfield with Tomkins at right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I dunno he played in midfield with Tomkins at right back

the young lad has played CM in all his europa games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Choplist - Cedric
    Why?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    the young lad has played CM in all his europa games

True, but given how seriously West Ham didn't take that competition it's not filling me with confidence really.

If he nails down a place fair play to him, but at 16 years old I'd be very impressed/surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

I had him on the bench today (was hoping to get a price rise out of him) 6 points lost :(

iba wrote: »
    I had him on the bench today (was hoping to get a price rise out of him) 6 points lost :(
    Well you'll get your price rise that you were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Well you'll get your price rise that you were hoping for.

Hopefully, might even be worth putting in the first 11 against Bournemouth and Leicester (both home games for WH)

iba wrote: »
    Hopefully, might even be worth putting in the first 11 against Bournemouth and Leicester (both home games for WH)

Yup, I'd imagine it is although I wouldn't bank on him keeping the place too long

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Why?

Off at half time apparently got roasted by Wijnaldum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Off at half time apparently got roasted by Wijnaldum

He still provided an assist for one of the Saints goals. Wouldn't drop him yet.

Need to find a way to get Ayew at Swansea into the team. Watching him this weekend you would swear he's been in that team years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Keeping an eye on Mahrez/Payet/Couthino

Potential Choplist - Larsson(if he flops given Sunderlands kind start) He's usually a high points tally for his value .
    Depay(Will give him another week or two to shine) Dont want to fall to far behind given there are other proven PL mids about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Potential Choplist - Larsson(if he flops given Sunderlands kind start) He's usually a high points tally for his value .
    I had Larsson as my 5th mid for the first half of last season. All his goals/assists were against bigger teams when he was tucked away on my bench. Any time he played for me he got a 2. Frustrating player, but yeah ens up with high scores - albeit not much of it counted for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I have to admit first I haven't scrolled the thread yet but I may mention again André Ayew. He has the potential for a Ramsey-like or a Siggy-like season.

His stats aren't that impressive (44 ligue 1 goals and less than 10 recordes assists (but the ligue 1 assists stats are a lot stricter than the FPL ones, he'd probably have thrice that in FPL terms) in 5 seasons in Marseille with an average of ~30 games a season) but he's been central to a messy team in a typical messy environment (well l'OM is a mess for soooooo many years now :rolleyes:...). A bit expensive at £7.0m but definitely worth keeping an eye on...

Also, I haven't seen the game so it's pure theoretical and technical conjectures, but his partnership with Gomis could prove benefitial for both players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've posted a couple of times about Gomez but haven't had any reaction so I'll try again as I'm interested in peoples opinions. I had him in all my later drafts but chickened out last minute as I felt he was a stopgap and would force me into a transfer. To the people who saw him play yesterday, do you think he is likely to get a run in the team long term? From what I saw yesterday he seemed quite naïve defensively and Stoke targeted him with some success, Glen Johnson had his best game in years.
    If you didn't already own him would you have been convinced to buy him going on yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've posted a couple of times about Gomez but haven't had any reaction so I'll try again as I'm interested in peoples opinions. I had him in all my later drafts but chickened out last minute as I felt he was a stopgap and would force me into a transfer. To the people who saw him play yesterday, do you think he is likely to get a run in the team long term? From what I saw yesterday he seemed quite naïve defensively and Stoke targeted him with some success, Glen Johnson had his best game in years.
    If you didn't already own him would you have been convinced to buy him going on yesterday?

I can see him getting a good bit of game time against teams that don't have the players to really take advantage of him but against a team with a really good winger I can see him being left out. As you say there were times when he didn't look great and I think if he had been up against someone top class there he would have been in a world of pain.

If I didn't have him he would definitely be looking at being someone I would bring in. It wouldn't be a top priority though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I dont have him and I wouldn't be rushing in to buy him yet. I thought he was a weak link yesterday so I'd wait to see if he starts at least the next 2 games before buying. I have a feeling Morneo will be back in the team soon but I might be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    I can see him getting a good bit of game time against teams that don't have the players to really take advantage of him but against a team with a really good winger I can see him being left out. As you say there were times when he didn't look great and I think if he had been up against someone top class there he would have been in a world of pain.

If I didn't have him he would definitely be looking at being someone I would bring in. It wouldn't be a top priority though.

Even if this is the case he's still ideal for rotation.

Even if this is the case he's still ideal for rotation.

Yeh absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think gomez is becoming the new fabregaas for you ha. I seen gomez a few times in pre season and thought he was excellent. However the opposition in Liverpool 's pre season was weak so hard to judge. I knew he would start the first game and I was prepared to take a risk on one of my defenders. I got him in as I felt there was huge potential for a price rise and primarily for 4 of liverpools next 6 Bournemouth west ham Norwich villa all at home . I think he did okay in the second half which is all i saw yesterday Rodgers doesn't seem to rate moreno too much so he may hold his place for the next while. Anyone that played him yesterday has already justified his inclusion even if he loses his place. I wouldn't waste my f.t on him but if he plays the next few I'd say most will get him on wildcard.

iroced wrote: »
    I have to admit first I haven't scrolled the thread yet but I may mention again André Ayew. He has the potential for a Ramsey-like or a Siggy-like season.

His stats aren't that impressive (44 ligue 1 goals and less than 10 recordes assists (but the ligue 1 assists stats are a lot stricter than the FPL ones, he'd probably have thrice that in FPL terms) in 5 seasons in Marseille with an average of ~30 games a season) but he's been central to a messy team in a typical messy environment (well l'OM is a mess for soooooo many years now :rolleyes:...). A bit expensive at £7.0m but definitely worth keeping an eye on...

Also, I haven't seen the game so it's pure theoretical and technical conjectures, but his partnership with Gomis could prove benefitial for both players.

44 goals in 159 (a goal almost every 3.5 games) appearances in the top tier of French football. £7M seems a very reasonable fpl price i think. I have to admit he went under the radar with me pre-gw1 (i had thought he would be classified as a striker), may give him some serious consideration now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think gomez is becoming the new fabregaas for you ha. I seen gomez a few times in pre season and thought he was excellent. However the opposition in Liverpool 's pre season was weak so hard to judge. I knew he would start the first game and I was prepared to take a risk on one of my defenders. I got him in as I felt there was huge potential for a price rise and primarily for 4 of liverpools next 6 Bournemouth west ham Norwich villa all at home . I think he did okay in the second half which is all i saw yesterday Rodgers doesn't seem to rate moreno too much so he may hold his place for the next while. Anyone that played him yesterday has already justified his inclusion even if he loses his place. I wouldn't waste my f.t on him but if he plays the next few I'd say most will get him on wildcard.

Definitely not the new Fabregas, I had him in all along but uncertainty over his playing time and a realisation that I probably wouldn't play him in week 1 convinced me to leave him out, I didn't see all of yesterdays game as it was on at the same time as the hurling but I listened to it all on Newstalk and they were saying that Stoke were targeting him and his defence was shaky, what I saw I tended to agree. The assist was a killer blow but would have been worse if it was Clyne,
    I'm in two minds about him and I'm genuinely interested in other opinions, with Fabregas I only want other opinions so I can go on the attack:p

I think that if Rodgers sees LB as a problem position and he is serious about top 4 he will have to act,
    I'd hate to be missing out if he's in the long term plan though.

Fabregas = Gomez ???

He did get a jammy assist the weekend ;)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Fabregas = Gomez ???

He did get a jammy assist the weekend ;)

Maybe he is the new Lukaku!

Advertisement