Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Maybe he is the new Lukaku!

never captain Gomez...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I didn't see the game so not going to comment on his display but the people saying because he was poor defensively he will be dropped for Moreno are forgetting the reason he is playing in the first place is because Moreno is so poor defensively!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

AdpRo wrote: »
    I didn't see the game so not going to comment on his display but the people saying because he was poor defensively he will be dropped for Moreno are forgetting the reason he is playing in the first place is because Moreno is so poor defensively!!

He was good defensively but not great at going forward. Moreno is better attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Anyone feeling any Navas love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wombatman wrote:
    Anyone feeling any Navas love?

Could lose his place if De Bruyne signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Reece Oxford of wham how likely to keep playing ? Prob mentioned here before but looking to get o'shea out save .5.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Reece Oxford of wham how likely to keep playing ? Prob mentioned here before but looking to get o'shea out save .5.

Decent chance he will, though i wouldn't bank on it. I'd kind of expect O Shea to be re-called after the Sunderland shambles, though again i wouldn't bank on it! So i'm not being much help here :P How does the rest of your defense look are they all starters

spock. wrote: »
    Could lose his place if De Bruyne signs.

De Bruyne is a funny one, since he primarily plays off the centre forward (Silva's position) for Wolfsburg. Though yeah i imagine Navas is the most at risk if he signs

Shaqiri signs for Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What are the long term prospects of Wes Hoolahan keeping his place at Norwich (Mr P?)
    He looked good from what I saw on MOTD last week, but is he keeping somebody's place for the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I was going to say Galloway, cheap route into Everton defence (4.5) while Baines is injured. Think he was taken off for Kone last weekend, probably tactical so should get game time for next while?

But then looked at their fixtures and realised why I don't have any Everton players in from GW1.

Could be an option if anyone was looking for funds and to stick with Everton though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What are the long term prospects of Wes Hoolahan keeping his place at Norwich (Mr P?)
    He looked good from what I saw on MOTD last week, but is he keeping somebody's place for the moment?

His place will never be nailed and could get very precarious once Brady moves forward once Olsson is back. Also when Mulumbu comes back that's another body to contend with but he's that creative force all the same.

I have him all the same but I'd be nervous everyweek and won't have him once my WC I'd imagine. Don't know if I could recommend him but if you're prepared to have a 5.0 player that may be benched once in a while then go ahead.

Glad I could clear that up for you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thanks Mr P, I was looking at him as a way to have Aguero, Hazard and Alexis in my team, it's likely that Hoolahan would be selected in my 11 most weeks if I had him.

I already have Bentaleb as a 4.5 midfielder but he was so bad for us:D last week that he could well be dropped.

OFFICIAL: #watfordfc have signed Nathan Ake on a season-long loan from @ChelseaFC. Welcome to the club, Nathan!

4.5 in FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Adama Traore as a 6.0 mid could be gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ross Barkley, goal last week and heavily involved this game as well. Fixtures aren't great but at 6.5 be is afforadble risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

dahat wrote: »
    Ross Barkley, goal last week and heavily involved this game as well. Fixtures aren't great but at 6.5 be is afforadble risk.

should of scored already today. bad miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Kone at 5 mil. Seems be everywhere and with goal and assists already could be a cheap aguero enabler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Probably too early to tell but will Sagna and Ben Davies keep their places I wonder? Those 2 plus Gomez would make quite a nice cheap defence.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Probably too early to tell but will Sagna and Ben Davies keep their places I wonder? Those 2 plus Gomez would make quite a nice cheap defence.

Is Sagna in Zabaleta's spot? I doubt his place is safe.

did anyone follow Spurs in Pre Season,

Have been eyeing up Ben Davies too, is Davies there until Rose is back (0.5 would get you Alderwiereld if Davies does lose his place anyway)

and does anyone else think Eric Dier is a sneaky way into Spurs MF long term as an out of position player? wouldn't bank on many goals/assists but additional clean sheets points would be helpful as opposed to Bentaleb/Mason in MF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pedro......... 10millipn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Pedro......... 10millipn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Januzaj starts tonight in what is a fairly full strength United team.... He is an itch that won't go away for me. I may just have to bring him in, get burned and promise myself never to make such moves all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    Januzaj starts tonight in what is a fairly full strength United team.... He is an itch that won't go away for me. I may just have to bring him in, get burned and promise myself never to make such moves all over again.

If the transfer deadline was past maybe. But if and when Pedro signs.....

FHFC wrote: »
    If the transfer deadline was past maybe. But if and when Pedro signs.....

On ya, just a cheeky little punt as part of a WC maybe. With a view to setting my team up nicely and hoping not to have a transfer in the following GW or 2... so he could be moved on.

I wont be getting Rooney in, will have Depay but I fancy a double up against Newcastle and Januzaj might just fit the bill. A big might still.

What do people think of Arnoutovic?
    He looked very good against Spurs and Stoke have some decent fixtures coming up.
    Is he nailed on with all the new signings?

spock. wrote: »
    What do people think of Arnoutovic?
    He looked very good against Spurs and Stoke have some decent fixtures coming up.
    Is he nailed on with all the new signings?

Didn't start the Liverpool game. Good player but Shaqiri will play in a similar position.

8-10 wrote:
    Didn't start the Liverpool game. Good player but Shaqiri will play in a similar position.

He was injured for that match.
    I've gone for Ayew instead anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Will Henderson play tomorrow?

Considering -4pts to transfer him out for Shaquiri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jesper wrote: »
    Definitely not ;)

Liverpool play Monday and I reckon he's 50/50, Liverpool looked more solid last Monday when he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Jesper wrote: »

Considering -4pts to transfer him out for Shaquiri

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-not-risk-henderson-9900798

I'm most likely transferring him out for free. His stats haven't been great and he has two bad fixtures in the next three anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I'm most likely transferring him out for free. His stats haven't been great and he has two bad fixtures in the next three anyway
    I wouldn't say west ham are that bad a fixture! But he is playing dm so tough to influence games fantasy football wise from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

PARlance wrote:

Did you pick up Januzsj?

I took out Rooney and Sterling for Aguero and Januzsj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Did you pick up Januzsj?

Januzaj is an awful pick. Can't see him keeping his place and if he does, returns will be minimal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Januzaj is an awful pick. Can't see him keeping his place and if he does, returns will be minimal

I agree with this, not sure how Januzaj gets his game. Kagawa was a better player for united.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

stephenl15 wrote:

Well he outscored Rooney and Kane today.

... still have my WC so if he does the trick for a couple more games I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just watching the Palace highlights and Sako looks like one to watch. Took his goal well and could have had more than one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Just watching the Palace highlights and Sako looks like one to watch. Took his goal well and could have had more than one.

He has some shot on him for sure.
    Traore has some pace to him for Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Also adama traore looks good if he can get his game

On my Cheapie watchlist for squad players:

Oriel Romeu: (4.5) forgot to say this the other day but he was all over the pitch in Europa League Thursday, few shots, eager to get forward, dangerous on set pieces. Might not start at the minute but one to keep an eye on.
    But quality of opposition may have played a part Thursday.

Danny Graham: (4.5) Doubt I'd ever buy him but got 66 mins today, if Sunderland improve and he holds a starting place, could be option for a sub with 2 points. Same with Watmore if he gets a few games

• Advertisement

Did you pick up Januzsj?

Not at all... sometimes I just have to post these silly notions to find out how stupid I am :)

(Hope you didn't take a punt on him... not that there was any real difference. If he got his place in the team he would be a great enabler but there are far better options)

Bryan Oviedo starts for Everton in league cup
    Would give a perfect rotation with Gomez..........he is 4.5 but 96% towards a drop.......

km79 wrote: »
    Bryan Oviedo starts for Everton in league cup
    Would give a perfect rotation with Gomez..........he is 4.5 but 96% towards a drop.......

He's listed as a mid

seriously giving Coutinho some consideration. unlucky not to have more points on the board already

manual_man wrote: »
    He's listed as a mid
    damn would have been nice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I see LVG has said he plans to play fellaini as a 9 or 10 this year. If Utd dont sign a forward player he could become an interesting option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I see LVG has said he plans to play fellaini as a 9 or 10 this year. If Utd dont sign a forward player he could become an interesting option.

He'll certainly help his team mates with assists. Shaw and Darmain crossing the ball in will reap extra dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

He was a nice differential for me last year. If he gets a run in the team he could be a bargain. A 6m mid playing as a striker for a top 4 club sounds appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Just Noticed Defoe with a hat trick tonight-
    League cup but on a mini run and for 5.5 should be watched for a proven PL scorer
    Would still put Wilson ahead for now

skippy15 wrote: »
    Just Noticed Defoe with a hat trick tonight-
    League cup but on a mini run and for 5.5 should be watched for a proven PL scorer
    Would still put Wilson ahead for now

Sinclair got a hatrick for villa too. Adama Traore scored also

• Advertisement
Advertisement