Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

8-10 wrote: »
    Sinclair got a hatrick for villa too. Adama Traore scored also

ye but Defoe has 5 in 4 games now, and more importantly has played close to 90mins in every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

skippy15 wrote: »
    ye but Defoe has 5 in 4 games now, and more importantly has played close to 90mins in every game

Wasnt trying to compare them just letting people know. I can since see that it was posted in the European and internationals thread which I hadn't been following so you can ignore my post if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I'll be keeping an eye on Florian Thauvin for Newcastle. Could be a decent differential. Looked lively against Utd on Saturday when he came on. Scored in the league cup on his full debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭caviardreams

lougal88 wrote: »
    I'll be keeping an eye on Florian Thauvin for Newcastle. Could be a decent differential. Looked lively against Utd on Saturday when he came on. Scored in the league cup on his full debut.

I thought that too - wasn't on for long against united but made a real impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Martin Olsson is playing for Norwich's U21s tomorrow night for those still interested in Norwich and their defence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Martin Olsson is playing for Norwich's U21s tomorrow night for those still interested in Norwich and their defence....

As a former Blackburn hero, I always keep an eye on him. Is he still fairly decent going forward?

He actually had a period for Blackburn where we played him left wing midfield and he'd drift in behind the striker.

Lemlin wrote: »
    As a former Blackburn hero, I always keep an eye on him. Is he still fairly decent going forward?

He actually had a period for Blackburn where we played him left wing midfield and he'd drift in behind the striker.

Well I didn't really see much if Norwich last season, mostly kept myself in the loop via a couple of journalists in twitter but from my anecdotal viewpoint I don't think he's quite like he was in those Blackburn days. Nevertheless still capable you'd think.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Brady and then Mulumbu too when he's back for general places in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Van Wolfswinkel scored he's only goal since his debut for Norwich mid week, is he back on the radar? I remember hearing great things about him when he joined a few years back. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Will McCarthy keep his spot in CP goal when Speroni is back?
    I played Wild Card and I've happy with my team below. I'd like to keep Redmond to make price rise but I also have unlimited transfers until tomorrow. As I will probably play 3, 4, 3 the next few weeks I am thinking of downgrading Redmond to Albrighton and saving 0.4 m. Using that money with whats in the bank and upgrading Butland to Romero or McCarthy to another 4.5 m goalie?

Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

Stoke Butland £4.5
    McCarthy £4.0 (Another 4.5 goalie or upgrade Butland to Romero or Mingolet)

Kolarov £5.6
    Shaw £5.6
    Targett £4.0
    Steven Taylor £4.0
    Gomez £4.6

Mahrez £5.8
    Shaqiri £7.0
    Yaya Touré £8.7
    Sánchez £11.0
    Redmond £5.5 Albrighton 5.1.

Agüero £13.1
    Wilson £5.4
    Chelsea Costa £11.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Jesper wrote: »
    Will McCarthy keep his spot in CP goal when Speroni is back?
    I played Wild Card and I've happy with my team below. I'd like to keep Redmond to make price rise but I also have unlimited transfers until tomorrow. As I will probably play 3, 4, 3 the next few weeks I am thinking of downgrading Redmond to Albrighton and saving 0.4 m. Using that money with whats in the bank and upgrading Butland to Romero or McCarthy to another 4.5 m goalie?

Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

Stoke Butland £4.5
    McCarthy £4.0 (Another 4.5 goalie or upgrade Butland to Romero or Mingolet)

Kolarov £5.6
    Shaw £5.6
    Targett £4.0
    Steven Taylor £4.0
    Gomez £4.6

Mahrez £5.8
    Shaqiri £7.0
    Yaya Touré £8.7
    Sánchez £11.0
    Redmond £5.5 Albrighton 5.1.

Agüero £13.1
    Wilson £5.4
    Chelsea Costa £11.0

I would leave the gks the same. If I were you, I would downgrade Costa to benteke/Gomis, Redmond to albrighton, or even to a 4.5 mid, and then upgrade one of your 4.0 defenders to a playing 4.5, and shaqiri to pedro

Van Wolfswinkel scored he's only goal since his debut for Norwich mid week, is he back on the radar? I remember hearing great things about him when he joined a few years back. :o

Not for Norwich anyway I'd say :pac:

They're trying to offload him I think and are most definitely looking to bring a forward in to be first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jesper wrote: »
    Advice PLEASE!

(Bank 0.2)

I think it's a risk having both Targett and S.Taylor. Neither are guaranteed first team prospects in the long term, so you could soon end up with only 3 starting defenders and not enough money to upgrade Targett/Saylor. You may have to downgrade one of Sanchez or Costa to give yourself better balance, or else downgrade Redmond to a perennial 4.5 bencher. I'd also be wary of Shaqiri until we can see what he does in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Brady has made the left back position his own since joining. He's looked really dangerous in the highlights I've seen. It's a pity he's not listed as a defender, he'd be a kinda poor mans Kolorov ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lens anybody? Attacking returns in every game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Lens anybody? Attacking returns in every game so far.

Not sure if he's worth 6.5 though?
    though with Sunderland so poor in defence, they have to attack a lot so maybe he is worth it, type of player that you'd probably have to keep 4/5 GW's though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Having seen Sunderland today in the flesh, I would stay well clear. 2 goals flattered them based on what they created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

De Bruyne added at £10.0. Thoughts? Probaby to be expected but £0.5 more than we would've hoped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

De Bruyne added at £10.0. Thoughts? Probaby to be expected but £0.5 more than we would've hoped

I'm hoping the main beneficiary of the Silva/Sterling/KdB axis will be Aguero!

Well it's very much a De Bruyne vs Silva conversation now isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just copied and pasted what I wrote in another thread.

I don't get all the excitement around De Bruyne. He had 2 decent seasons in Genk. Belgium league standard though... A good one on loan to Bremen. And a great one last year in Wolfsburg. In the meantime, he lost a year in Chelsea and needed one to adapt to Wolfsburg.
    He's a potentially great player but £10m is at least £1m overpriced.

On the other hand, Pedro who came in at £9.5m (with immediate effects at Chelsea) had 6 solid seasons as Barça supersub. During the historical 2009 year in which Barça won the 6 titles on offer, he scored (and was the first one to ever do so) in each competition and got several key goals (e.g. UEFA SuperCup, Supercopa de España, FIFA Club World Cup).

I'm under the impression the FPL panel gave in to the impressive money associated with De Bruyne's transfer. I mean he's as dear as David Silva who's City "merliner" for his 5th season and (if not always impressive) a very consistent FPL scorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I reckon that De Bruyne is a better player than Pedro, plays in a better team that will score much more goals.
    Just wanted to put that out there:p
    I don't expect anybody to agree, Pedro seems very popular around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I stumped out for Pedro for my Chelsea attacking cover, as 1.5-2.0 cheaper than Costa at the time, who both weren't setting the league alight.

But KDB, I couldn't justify the 10.0 for him with Silva being there at the same price point (10.1 now) , I've watched the 4 City games and Silva has been immense, very unlucky to have not got more goals/assist points.

Only way I could see him fitting into my team is if Aguero gets injured and KDB is scoring for fun in a few weeks time. Cannot see value in him at 10.0 at the minute versus Silva or Aguero, but he could be a good differential if you're chasing a rival.

Having said that in the last 2 years I've made it my business to hop on bandwagons as soon as possible so if he's outscoring Silva every week I'll not hesitate in swapping over.
    (Got trounced in my private leagues mainly for refusing to make room and downgrades elsewhere for Michu and Yaya Toure as their prices rose...'sure they'll stop scoring sometime' :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon that De Bruyne is a better player than Pedro, plays in a better team that will score much more goals.
    Just wanted to put that out there:p
    I don't expect anybody to agree, Pedro seems very popular around here.

I'm a big Pedro fan for FF purposes have never seen kdb play so will have to reserve judgement on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Romero possibly in trouble with Navas part of the De Gea deal

slingerz wrote: »
    Romero possibly in trouble with Navas part of the De Gea deal

Not possibly. Romero is finished but he did well for those who had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So if Martial deal goes through what price will he come in at....considering his transfer fee....9m?

So if Martial deal goes through what price will he come in at....considering his transfer fee....9m?

Yhat would be a crazy price imo. It was discussed briefly in the other thread, and if as Zarquon has argued the prices are based on stats, then Martials record (or lack of it) would surely limit the price! They do seem to be swayed a bit by silly transfer fees, and there is potential. But for me i agree with iroced that 7.5 would be his real price, but i expect 8 to 8.5.

9 and upwards would be daft, especially with how dire United are currently in attack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I'd be surprised if he was that high. A good prospect but definitely not a proven goalscorer. I'd be thinking maybe 7.5, but the transfer fee and the hype may drive that up a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Looks like Glenn Murray is going to Bournemouth and is currently 5.8m, could be worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

We'll have to see where he plays and if he gets any set pieces. I'm guessing he'll be wide right initially so I'd still favour Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Van Dijk to Southampton

@VI_nl:
    2015-09-01 12:23:39 UTC
    OFFICIEEL: Virgil van Dijk tekent voor vijf jaar bij Southampton vi.nl pic.twitter.com

This could toughen up the Southampton Defence

Colking wrote: »
    Van Dijk to Southampton

@VI_nl:
    2015-09-01 12:23:39 UTC
    OFFICIEEL: Virgil van Dijk tekent voor vijf jaar bij Southampton vi.nl pic.twitter.com

This could toughen up the Southampton Defence

Surely spells the end for Yoshida anyway, I'm surprised that Caulker hasn't forced his way in but Koeman probably knows a thing or two about Dutch centre backs and this fella will be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Surely spells the end for Yoshida anyway, I'm surprised that Caulker hasn't forced his way in but Koeman probably knows a thing or two about Dutch centre backs and this fella will be a starter.

Very interested to see what he comes in at. I suspect 5.0 he's a decent header of a ball in the opposition box.

Should be a good shot in the arm with Bertrand due back as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Colking wrote:
    Very interested to see what he comes in at. I suspect 5.0 he's a decent header of a ball in the opposition box.

Should be a good shot in the arm with Bertrand due back as well.
    Their fixtures are pretty difficult though.
    I don't see myself bringing in a Southampton defender until GW11 at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I heard today that Jose Enrique may be going to West Brom. IF (and it's a big if) he nailed a spot, he'd be a no-brainer at 4.4; West Brom defensive returns plus attacking potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

spock. wrote: »
    Their fixtures are pretty difficult though.
    I don't see myself bringing in a Southampton defender until GW11 at the earliest.
    Before that they go
    West Brom away
    last 2 years 0-1 ; 1-0 - and in St Mary 1-0 & 0-0 ; so 3 CS for Saints, 2 for WB overall, 1-1 in the Hawthorns)

MU at home
    United scored 3 goals in 4 games (thrice 1)

Swansea at home
    last 3 seasons: 2-2 ; 2-0 & 0-1 ; but 3 CS in the Liberty Stadium 0-0, 0-1 & 0-1 ! But Swansea are on great form.

Chelsea away
    Bad results against them but Chelsea are struggling big time. Will they have recovered then?

Leicester at home
    Just last year 2 games for recent PL datum. Home CS each. Many Saints CS in their Championship head-to-head games over the last 10 years. But Leicester, like Swansea are on fire.

Liverpool away
    'Pool only scored 2 goals so far.
    It does look tough on paper but between the recent H2H stats, the form each of these teams is on and assuming Southampton continues to settle at the back, I'd not be surprised that they collect 3-4 CS in these 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,917 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I heard today that Jose Enrique may be going to West Brom. IF (and it's a big if) he nailed a spot, he'd be a no-brainer at 4.4; West Brom defensive returns plus attacking potential.

Him in for Micah Richards may be my transfer.

I wouldn't have thought that Enrique was a Pulis type full back, seems like a strange move. Has Brunt been playing left back this year? It'll require a wholesale shift to accommodate Enrique, I don't think he'll be a regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And having heard that on Talksport this morning, I haven't seen a mention since, so sorry on my part if it's a false alarm.

• Advertisement

And having heard that on Talksport this morning, I haven't seen a mention since, so sorry on my part if it's a false alarm.

Enrique turned down the move

Yedlin on loan to Sunderland. I could be all over that in a few weeks. The new PVA :)

Brad Johnson gone to Derby so no longer an option.

Yedlin on loan to Sunderland. I could be all over that in a few weeks. The new PVA :)

Brad Johnson gone to Derby so no longer an option.

How has the original PVA been playing this season, I still have him in my team on the strength of his performances towards the end of last year, I'd hold tight with the promise of attacking potential but is he likely to lose his place at all??

How has the original PVA been playing this season, I still have him in my team on the strength of his performances towards the end of last year, I'd hold tight with the promise of attacking potential but is he likely to lose his place at all??

I cut him loose.

I'm sure Paully will explain but in my eyes he's been lucky not to had a break on the bench

Wasn't really an attacking threat on Saturday at all.

Been directly responsible for at least half the goals they've conceeded.

• Advertisement

I cut him loose.

I'm sure Paully will explain but in my eyes he's been lucky not to had a break on the bench
    CSF wrote: »
    Wasn't really an attacking threat on Saturday at all.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Been directly responsible for at least half the goals they've conceeded.

:eek: Food for thought, not exactly glowing references but ye all think I'd probably be better off keeping him right??? ;)

:eek: Food for thought, not exactly glowing references but ye all think I'd probably be better off keeping him right??? ;)

I think he is one of the poorest defenders in the league. Decent ff player when his team is keeping cs due to his attacking potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

been appalling
    not sure how he has not been dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Martial is in at 8.0. Firmly on the watchlist but that's it until I see him play a few games.

Martial is in at 8.0. Firmly on the watchlist but that's it until I see him play a few games.

Mid or fwd

• Advertisement
Advertisement