Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slug infestation in lawn

Options
  • 10-07-2015 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm a newbie poster here and not sure if this is a problem or not so would appreciate some advice please. At dusk yesterday in light drizzle, I saw literally hundreds (no exaggeration) of very small slugs appearing in my lawn. These are definitely slugs and not earthworms. I don't have a slug problem in the rest of the garden around raised beds because the area is mainly patio or gravel. The new lawn was laid as turf and not seed in spring last year. I keep it cut to medium height and made one application of fertiliser early this year. Should I be concerned about these slugs and if so, how do I eliminate them?

Advertisement