Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Ban

Options
  • 10-07-2015 10:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭

I'd like to appeal my permanent ban from Weddings, etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

How long does it take to get this sorted out?

Is anyone even looking at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's the weekend.

The moderators, CMods are all volunteers, with lives outside of boards.ie.

I'd suggest you be patient. I cannot imagine how you've managed to get yourself banned with such a winning approach to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP

please confirm you've completed the first BOX in the flow above?
    If you have please send on the PM exchange you had with the mod in question and I'll begin my review.

If you have not and you still wish to appeal your ban please do so and on resolution (successful or not) please let us know if you wish to proceed and we'll begin our cmod review of the ban and background material.

I have done the 1st box. Here's a copy of it.....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mayway
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toots
    Dear mayway,

You have been permanently banned from Weddings, Marriage & Civil Partnership for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Toots

Moderator Note

You were already infracted and banned for posting this sort of nonsense. I told you if it happened again you would be permanently banned from the forum.

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by mayway viewpost.gif
    If I were you, I'd head along and get absolutely mouldy drunk and start shouting at everyone about what cow she is.

Ruin the day for everyone. Job done!

I still can't believe she's bothering getting married when she already has kids though. What a waste of time.

What the ****? Just because I don't believe that you should have kids outside marriage I get banned??? Are you serious?

What the matter with you?

This is outrageous.

Why don't you ban the people who believe that it's ok to have kids outside marriage as well then?

What do I have to do to get this ban lifted?

Mayway

You are being banned for trolling and ignoring a moderator's instruction. You are not being banned for your beliefs, you can believe whatever you want. Some people believe that interracial couples shouldn't get married, or same sex couples shouldn't get married.

If they posted that on the Weddings forum, they would also be banned. You do not have free speech on this site. You were trolling the thread. I already warned you that if you continued to post stuff like that then you would get a permanent ban. You continued, and here we are.

I will not be lifting your ban. If you wish to appeal the ban, you can start a thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

and a Category Moderator will review it.

Toots

• Advertisement

Thanks mayway.

So, just to step back a bit here. You are saying that you were not trolling the wedding forum and that you did not ignore moderator instruction?

Is this correct?

I made this comment....

I still can't believe she's bothering getting married when she already has kids though. What a waste of time.

which I believe led me to getting banned. It's just my opinion. I didn't deliberately try to annoy and it wasn't my intention to ignore moderator instruction. If my opinion if different to someone elses then that shouldn't be enough to warrant a ban.

If, for example, someone is offended by children being born outside of wedlock then should all those who refer to it not be banned? I'm not offended by it one way or the other but I am surely entitled to have an opinion on it.

Clearly the mod in this case thinks I'm being offensive when I'm not. If someone chooses to have children out side of wedlock because they find the concept of marriage or whatever distasteful, am I supposed to be offended by that?

Hi mayway.
    I've revisited some of the mod actions on this forum that led to your permanent ban. They are:

09/05/2015 09:29:50 Infraction Uncivil
    09/05/2015 14:54:02 Ban (Two Weeks)
    02/07/2015 09:47:25 Ban (Permanent) Ignored Mod Instruction

The infraction: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95400720&postcount=40
    mayway wrote: »
    Hold the phone! Are you saying she's planning her wedding but has kids already?? Tell the dismal slapper to get lost. If I were you I wouldn't even go to the wedding.

Tell her, to her face, that she has really hurt you by not including you in the wedding party.

For which you were infracted and received this very clear warning from the Mod: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95400799&postcount=43
    Toots wrote: »
    mayway if you ever post something like that on this forum again, your posting privileges will be removed permanently.

& despite that warning your next three posts read (all the same day)
    And, by that I mean, you tell everyone that if they choose to attend this charade that you will no longer have anything to do with them. This cow has made a huge problem for you so you should state your position and then let her try and sort it out. Under no circumstance should you let this selfish pile of sh1t away with this. Be strong!
    More fool them. That was selfish.
    Well I wouldn't go to a wedding like that.

I’m not sure what you were attempting here, but none of these appear to be posts adhering to the charter where posters are asked to keep it civil. Just after being infracted common sense would surely insist you dial it back again. But you chose not to and got a 2 week ban.

So onto your post that earned you the permanent ban.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96091129&postcount=234
    In your irrelevant opinion. I know what I know. You can't change things to suit yourself just be saying it. Facts are facts.

Please grow up and move along.
    OP – what forum do you think you are posting in?
    That is not appropriate in any realm of the imagination. Your lack of respect for others is more than clear, I mean just look at the earlier posts that drew mod action. Based on the fact that you received a very clear warning never to repeat that type of language again and seeing you didn’t learn from a two week ban I am not inclined to remove or even reduce your ban.

My suggestion is to take some time in the other fora here, find a way to co-exist with other posters and more importantly learn how to appropriately disagree with another's opinion, you mightn’t like it but it’s their opinion and no less valid than yours.
    Provided you can show you have grown as a poster possibly the mods of the Weddings forum may revisit your ban in a year or two but purely looking at your contributions to date in that forum I have to suggest that maybe you need to accept it isn’t the forum for you. Basically unless the mods can see a marked improvement everywhere else on this site I cannot suggest to them to rescind the ban, nor in this case am I willing to do so myself.

I see nothing here supporting your claims that it's because the mod disagrees with your viewpoint of children out of wedlock, instead I see post after post that shows no consideration to others or to the charter of the forum.

Ban stands.
    You may request an admin review if you wish, otherwise I’ll request this thread to be closed in a few days.

Taltos wrote: »
    Hi mayway.
    I've revisited some of the mod actions on this forum that led to your permanent ban. They are:

09/05/2015 09:29:50 Infraction Uncivil
    09/05/2015 14:54:02 Ban (Two Weeks)
    02/07/2015 09:47:25 Ban (Permanent) Ignored Mod Instruction

The infraction: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95400720&postcount=40

For which you were infracted and received this very clear warning from the Mod: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95400799&postcount=43

& despite that warning your next three posts read (all the same day)

I’m not sure what you were attempting here, but none of these appear to be posts adhering to the charter where posters are asked to keep it civil. Just after being infracted common sense would surely insist you dial it back again. But you chose not to and got a 2 week ban.

So onto your post that earned you the permanent ban.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96091129&postcount=234

OP – what forum do you think you are posting in?
    That is not appropriate in any realm of the imagination. Your lack of respect for others is more than clear, I mean just look at the earlier posts that drew mod action. Based on the fact that you received a very clear warning never to repeat that type of language again and seeing you didn’t learn from a two week ban I am not inclined to remove or even reduce your ban.

My suggestion is to take some time in the other fora here, find a way to co-exist with other posters and more importantly learn how to appropriately disagree with another's opinion, you mightn’t like it but it’s their opinion and no less valid than yours.
    Provided you can show you have grown as a poster possibly the mods of the Weddings forum may revisit your ban in a year or two but purely looking at your contributions to date in that forum I have to suggest that maybe you need to accept it isn’t the forum for you. Basically unless the mods can see a marked improvement everywhere else on this site I cannot suggest to them to rescind the ban, nor in this case am I willing to do so myself.

I see nothing here supporting your claims that it's because the mod disagrees with your viewpoint of children out of wedlock, instead I see post after post that shows no consideration to others or to the charter of the forum.

Ban stands.
    You may request an admin review if you wish, otherwise I’ll request this thread to be closed in a few days.

OK. Can I take from this then that anyone who says things that I find offensive will also be banned?

No.
    But posters who disregard the instruction of mods and post in breach of the charter will be actioned. Either on thread or via PM.

Now, do you want to request admin review or will I close your DRP?

• Advertisement

Go for it, let's get an admin review done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OK. Can I take from this then that anyone who says things that I find offensive will also be banned?

No, you can't. Moderation is always contextual. Ban upheld. I'd suggest you take a look at how you interact on the site in future in order to avoid issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement