Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor buggy recommendations

• 10-07-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone recommend a good buggy to be used on outdoor terrain (beaches, trails) but is also suitable for day to day use (shops, town)? Have looked at out n about, looks great for outdoor terrain but seems a bit bulky for shops, anyone got any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,281 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from Donegal forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lots of good reviews of the city mini though I don't know if it's 'outdoorsy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

We have the out and about and find it brilliant! its great for rough ground, you dont even feel like you have to push it! i've used it in shops and around the town and find the 3 wheels make it so easy to turn and manoeuvre, never had a problem with it being bulky, its much neater than my sisters baby jogger city select.
    The only thing that is not great is its a little awkward to put stuff in the shopping basket underneath but it has big pockets on the hood and at the back of the seat that seems to be enough for us! I love it and i'm so happy we bought it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Oh just to add, we live in the country and have used it on rough country lanes, down bog road and I even brought it over the fields too! haven't had it on the beach yet but I would imagine it would be great for that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Out n about here too. Great for terrain, we walk a lot. Beaches, woods, gravel, anything really.

It's fine in shops, turns completely on it's own axis, so it's very maneuverable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We have a bugaboo cameleon. I find it brilliant when walking the dogs. It also has a "beach mode". It is very dear though so unless you plan on getting it from birth it probably wouldn't be worth it.

I would say the out n about is your best bet or city mini gt. I don't think the normal city mini wheels would cut it for me when we are walking dogs. My friend has a "mountain buggy" and swears by it so you could look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Danielle10

Thanks everyone for all your tips and advice. Had looked at the out n about abd loved it but was worried about it being too bulky for getting around the shops, great to know it's good at that too, think I'll be going it with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We use the out n about nipper, it is great on all terrain .
    I have brought it to remote islands ,the beach ,hiking ,foreign holidays and no complaints at all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We use the out n about nipper, it is great on all terrain .
    I have brought it to remote islands ,the beach ,hiking ,foreign holidays and no complaints at all .

I am defo buying one if they are in boots sale to leave in my car. I HATE my MacLaren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Uppababy Vista.Can't recommend it enough.Use it everywhere...beach, forest, parks, fields...love it!Plus the enormous basket is great for shopping :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I have the baby jogger city mini gt. Find it great on grass and woods and no probs around shops. Its like an in between the out and about and the ordinary city mini.
    I havent tried it on a beach though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I had an out n about, but swapped for a new mountain buggy all terrain as that's more suitable for jogging on the hills in wicklow. Anyway, the out'n'about was great, easily maneuverable, my only complaint would be the accessibility o the basket beneath it. There are also a couple of smaller mountain buggy's too, the swift has 10 inch wheels and I think is more compact that the out'n'about If you are ever in Dublin, eurobaby on the longmile road have the range on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

We have a bob, it's great, I'd recommend it. Big wheels can get over bumps, suspension makes it a smooth ride for baby, seat can lay back for a nap, you can get rain or sun covers for the front. My only gripe is that the under-basket, while it is a nice size, is hard to get big bags in or out of, I think due to the high sides. But I'd still buy it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I've had a jane slalom pro for all 3 children it's brilliant.
    I bought a phil and ted sport because I thought I was missing out on something that others raved about and I sold it within 3 weeks. It was terrible compared to the jane
    I'm delighted with it it's the best thing I ever bought for the children!

It pushes great moves freely.
    Easy to fold
    Durable hard wearing.
    Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Another Out n About nipper fan here. The after care service is excellent too, we had two (small) issues and they dealt with them very promptly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

We have an Out n About - brilliant piece of kit! Off road its perfect and flies like a dream, no bother at all in cities or shops and folds compact. Extremely comfortable and very easy to fold / store. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Another vote for out and about nipper. Excellent wheels. Just watch the brake because it comprises of a thin metal bar that slots into holes in the wheel - you have to rock the buggy back and forth to slot it in correctly. I broke the bar in the first week but they replaced it free of charge and no problems since [I learned my lesson].

For the size of it (its a little wide), it folds up neatly and is pretty lightweight. Great hood too.

Make sure you use the emergency brake (strap that goes around your wrist) cos the wheels are very free wheeling.

Advertisement