If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entry level AV 5.1 amp

Options
  • 10-07-2015 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, would you recommend the YAMAHA RXV377 over the ONKYO TXSR333? Looks like the Onkyo has loads of features but the Yamaha might be a better build quality, any truth to this? thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi, would you recommend the YAMAHA RXV377 over the ONKYO TXSR333? Looks like the Onkyo has loads of features but the Yamaha might be a better build quality, any truth to this? thanks
    Kilda,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

To be honest they are both excellent receivers but the Bluetooth on the TXR333 is a really excellent feature which probably makes it worth the extra - they are both great value:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201029-txsr333.aspx

The Onkyo TXSR333 is down to just €249 now but I can do one for you at €229 including shipping.

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200458-rxv377.aspx

The RXV377 is €259.99 but I have one as new open box unit that I would clear out at just €219.99 if you wanted a super deal.

On build quality, there is very little in it - Onkyo have pulled their socks up and really improved their build and QC over the last couple of years - Yamaha never had any worries in this regard - their stuff is always built like battleships!

Keep us posted if we can assist and of course if you would like to order please just pop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get a delivery arranged for you ( the above prices all include delivery)

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

Thanks John, very interested! I am also looking at an RF remote, what would you recommend? I see the Onkyo has £50 off online (£149), can you do any better on it? :)

Another quick Q: they both have usb connectors, can you play video from an iPhone through this connection, or just music? Would it upscale to my projector (Optoma HD141X bought from yourselves at Xmas!). Also, could I project my live Mac screen using HDMI? Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Many thanks for your post,

With regards to the price, unfortunately these are quite reduced and with very little margin on them at the minute so we wouldn't be able to reduce the price any further. Any of the cheaper prices I have had a look at online, have an additional shipping cost which brings the price up to or above our price of €259 - all our euro prices include delivery to anywhere in Ireland.

On your second question, the USB connection would be for audio only. And yes you should be able to put your mac picture through this on HDMi no problem.

As far as the RF remote goes, we wouldn't have anything to offer on this, there are very few manufacturers producing these now, as there are so many apps etc for smartphones/tablets available on the market now

If you have any other questions, please drop a post here, or if you would like to proceed with an order, drop me a PM with your contact details and I can give you a call to get it processed - these are currently available from stock and ready to ship

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Lads, do you have an Onkyo TXNR535 in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Lads, do you have an Onkyo TXNR535 in stock?
    Hi Kildafornia.

Unfortunately the 535 is listed as LAST FEW TO CLEAR on our website and we are totally out of stock. This unit has now been discontinued with no more stock to arrive.

Any of the above or any others catch your eye let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.