Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Postgraduate Accommodation

Options
  • 10-07-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

This is my first post on Boards, so please excuse if this post isn't in a preferable format.

I will begin an MSc in UCD this September and if you don't know already UCD, as of this summer, has abolished any sort of postgraduate on campus accommodation for all students within the EU. Now considering I live and work in London this is a huge problem! I am also quite annoyed that they waited until all offers were accepted before revealing this news. (Thank you! I pay 10k for a years enrolment into the uni and don't even have the option to live on campus!)

This leaves me no option but to enter into a shared house for the year, and this is what has inspired me to start this thread. Being a postgrad this is a serious year of study for me. The course is intense, 9am to 6pm (at least) each day and then independent study and lab work after that means a pretty heavy work load!

So as I go search for shared accommodation, people will not want me as I will be once again classified as a "student" and anyway from my experience a lot of young professionals still live like students.

I am wondering if there are others in my situation? And if it would be possible to team up with other postgrads in my position to find suitable accommodation.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Advertisement