Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best way to music on iTunes, Spotify etc.

Options
  • 10-07-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, looking for pointers/advice for the best way to get music onto iTunes, Spotify etc.
    Is it best to use a 3rd party distributor? If so anyone know which is best?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tunecore is pretty good, €25 to put an album on iTunes, Spotify and Amazon music iirc, less for single tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dennis regan

I've always used CD Baby. Gets your stuff on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Apple....the whole lot really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Used CD Baby and it went up everywhere you'd expect and also works on Shazam and now Apple Music.

I quite like Bandcamp also for going direct. They take less of a cut and you can dress up the webpage or use it as your band website. They're not a distributer so it won't go on iTunes etc. but it's a good alternative for anti-Apple people. They'll also allow you to setup download codes to give away music (e.g. at gigs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've used CD Baby and Tunecore. While TuneCore is much better for tracking sales etc, CD Baby seems to be more economic in that it only takes a one of payment, while Tunecore is, iirc, an annual subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TradLad69

Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Also check out Distrokid.com. I used them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TradLad69

Thanks Fionn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Yep Distrokind is worth checking

Advertisement