Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s/7: News & Rumours

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Im in the market for an iPhone 6.... the wife is lookin for one so if anyone lookin to offload gimme a DM please

It'll be a buyer's market in a few weeks time...you've come to the right forum too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

bought one today thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Zcott wrote: »
    It'll be a buyer's market in a few weeks time...you've come to the right forum too!

Yep. I'll be selling mine. Sure to be some bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

64gb going for around 630 on adverts.

Happy days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

64gb going for around 630 on adverts.

Happy days.

**** my wife wants my one if I upgrade.

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    **** my wife wants my one if I upgrade.

Tell her a dog ran away with it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

colmulhall wrote: »
    I'm due an upgrade in October which fits nicely with the 6s release. Definitely moving on from 16gb though.. My 5s is still fine so I might get some decent money for it.

I'm in same boat, will most definitely upgrade, I'd love if they brought out a 32gb version as the 64gb model is usually too expensive to justify (even on contract)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm in same boat, will most definitely upgrade, I'd love if they brought out a 32gb version as the 64gb model is usually too expensive to justify (even on contract)

The 64gb is the same price that the 32gb was....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Does anyone know whether apple will ship to companies like parcel motel and parcel connect. I am thinking of buying it when it comes out in the uk on online.
    Thanks

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I'm like you. It's a struggle not to upgrade every year for me. Such an exciting time of year. Thankfully I get a decent discount off the phones which softens the blow a bit.

Hello, I'm just wondering how do you get the discount?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

nokia211 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether apple will ship to companies like parcel motel and parcel connect. I am thinking of buying it when it comes out in the uk on online.
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure they will. For the watch they had a moment where they cancelled orders to parcel motel but reinstated them the next day.

The launch event has just been confirmed for Sept 9 as expected. It's being held in the Bill Graham Auditorium in SF which is interesting as it's a much higher capacity venue than usual and they've already been working on the setup for several days.

I'm pretty sure they will. For the watch they had a moment where they cancelled orders to parcel motel but reinstated them the next day.

The launch event has just been confirmed for Sept 9 as expected. It's being held in the Bill Graham Auditorium in SF which is interesting as it's a much higher capacity venue than usual and they've already been working on the setup for several days.

Thanks, I really want to get it but the currency rate is tragic :(

Anyone else planning on buying it from apple uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anyone else planning on buying it from apple uk?

Yes I'll buy it in Belfast hopefully it will be like last year with reserve and collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If anybody is interested I will be selling my iPhone 6 64GB next week it will be brand new Apple replacement PM for more details.

Surely you are here long enough to know the story with selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

News/Rumour

First time since iPhone 4 that the camera sensor has been upgraded! 8mp -> 12/13mp (12 I believe).
    This has happened because the A9 chip can process the images better.
    Front facing camera also upgraded up to 720p 120fps slow motion I think.

Read it on 9to5Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

News/Rumour

First time since iPhone 4 that the camera sensor has been upgraded! 8mp -> 12/13mp (12 I believe).

Read it on 9to5Mac

iPhone 4S had the 8MP camera, these details are usually more than rumour when 9To5 post them, its usually close to fact. Also 4K recording is supposed to be another notable addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

News/Rumour

Read it on 9to5Mac

Camera sensor has been improved every generation. Slightly wary but I'll have to give Apple the benefit of the doubt. Usually more MP equals more noise.

Will be selling my 6 plus too. Its hamstrung by the paltry 1gb of ram. Otherwise I'd be keeping it another year. Hope to get a decent price. 128gb, unlocked from Apple with a further years Apple plus protection.

guil wrote: »
    Surely you are here long enough to know the story with selling?

Thanks I do now.

• Advertisement

Hello I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone but due to the new iPhone having a better camera, including 4k video I fell like 16gb won't do this time. I just don't want to pay an extra 100 on top of that, checking the french and german apple sites a 64gb iPhone 6 plus would be like 950!!. The prices have gone up around 50 euro. Does anybody know when the prices start to drop on the likes of sites such as adverts and eBay. I want to get one at launch but I don't mind waiting a little longer to get it cheeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hello I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone but due to the new iPhone having a better camera, including 4k video I fell like 16gb won't do this time. I just don't want to pay an extra 100 on top of that, checking the french and german apple sites a 64gb iPhone 6 plus would be like 950!!. The prices have gone up around 50 euro. Does anybody know when the prices start to drop on the likes of sites such as adverts and eBay. I want to get one at launch but I don't mind waiting a little longer to get it cheeper!

Keep an eye out on adverts. People sell their unwanted upgrades there and from around November a bargain can be got of you're quick enough. I picked up a sealed 6 last Decembr for 570.

naasrd wrote: »
    Keep an eye out on adverts. People sell their unwanted upgrades there and from around November a bargain can be got of you're quick enough. I picked up a sealed 6 last Decembr for 570.
    Are you running a massive gamble then of the phone being reported stolen and blacklisted ? Any way to circumvent that?

Advertisement