Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMW - Camping spot

Options
  • 10-07-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

The missus and I will hike the DMW from Shankhill to Tallaght this weekend. We want to walk it in two sections, 20km each day. We will be fully self sustained and thus need to pitch our tent for the night.

Any ideas or suggestions where to camp up for the night, around the 20km marker?

Thanks
    Have a good weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Hmmm, should have read this first
    Q: Can we camp in the Dublin Mountains?
    A: Camping is not allowed in the public lands in the Dublin Mountains for safety reasons. For camping with scouts, guides or youth groups you should contact the recreation manager for a permit. Camping for scouts and guides is also available at Larch Hill - the national Scout Centre which is located in the heart of the DMP area. Contact Larch Hill for details.

:D

Ok, I am answering all my own questions here ;)

http://www.scouts.ie/more/national_campsites_network-175.html

http://www.larchhill.org/

So we have to get to the Scouts camping site in Tribadden. How far is that walking from Shankhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Unless I'm mistaken unless you're a Scout you can't camp there, same as Lough Dan.

We booked a camping spot at Lough Dan for the Wicklow Way in two weeks, no issues. I will contact Larch Hill and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Poncke wrote: »
    We booked a camping spot at Lough Dan for the Wicklow Way in two weeks, no issues. I will contact Larch Hill and post back.
    OK, didn't know they allowed that.

• Advertisement

Hmm, Larch Hill is not open to the public.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Advertisement