Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 euro to spend keyboard/mouse

Options
  • 10-07-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Right now i have a logitech k800 and logitech mouse , both expensive bits of kit but not the best for games
    if i had 100 euro to spend on a keyboard and mouse what shoud i get, i know feck all about gaming mice/keyboards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Right, first let's address what you want from a keyboard:
    For laptop style keyboards, Scissor switches are the most common one and run relatively cheap. Cougar's new 200K is about €25 and offers decent usabiliity. This would be very close to the Logitech K800.
    CoolerMaster still has their Devastator Combo going on for about €50 which includes an ok keyboard and mouse.
    Mechanical Swithces by Cherry generally clock in above the €70 price point, and although MX RED switches have been the go-to for gaming, I favour the tactile bump that MX Brown has. Corsair is a very good brand for mechanical keyboards, and TTe aswell. However, unless your going PROMLG, the difference is hard to notice (users may vary)

Mice on the other hand are a bit harder to define: DPI is not as big a feature as manufacturers would make it out to be. IMO, the amount of buttons and their placements are the important things to remember. Also, if you have big/small hands, the dimensions of the mouse and it's weight can come into play. SteelSeries are a great brand, and their Kinzu series has great price/performance at €30.

My budget recommendations would be the Cougar 200K and the Kinzu V3. All for €55.
    If you want, you can push for the more expensive Steelseries APEX RAW keyboard, which is a €70 keyboard with good features.
    Likewise the Steelseries Sensei RAW or Rival mice are excellent mice for the €60 they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

The got the "Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z - Blue Switch Edition" for 53,01 there wednesday and is mechanical was on sale at the time tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Where do razor ship from, its not very clear on their website ? i see they have a discount with for students but its not accepting my student email anyone else have problems with this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

levitronix wrote: »
    Where do razor ship from, its not very clear on their website ? i see they have a discount with for students but its not accepting my student email anyone else have problems with this ?

They ship from Murica, and as such, only accept American student cards, (called ASID).
    Your best bet, if going for a Razer is to buy from Amazon or Hardwareversand.de.
    Do you mind me asking what models you are going for?

death adder and blackwidow ultimate steath, I thought if got the discount it would be worth it with the extra stuff you get and free shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

in my opinion mouse is far more important than keyboard when it comes to gaming, since u have a decent keyboard i would keep that and put the full budget into a gaming mouse

i dont know if u care about wireless or not, if not go wired but i wanted wireless and logitech g602 was getting some pretty rave reviews so i got 1 and i have to say im very happy with it so far, cost me 85e inculding shipping from komplet

yeah I was looking at that mouse alright, but the keys on my keyboard don't like to hit in rapid concession, its great for typing very comfortable

I can get the logitech performance mx in work free wonder how would hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MADFI5H

my previous mouse was a an mx one not a performance model but it looked almost exactly the same as that, it needed to be recharged on a dock (which was very enoying when it went dead mid-game) and the battery crapped out after a year

i dont know if the 1 yur looking at has the same power system but other than that it was a great mouse and if u can get it free u should definatly give it a trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Razor have a distribution centre in the Netherlands if I remember correctly. It definitely does not ship from the US through the EU store.

razer emailed me back and gave me the discount codes which was great, i ll do a mouse fitting and see what else they have before i pull the plug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just took a peek at logitech site,some new stuff since i checked couple years back,logitech keyboards are expensive specially if you want proper gaming one,same with the mouses except now seen you can get decent for around 60e.

Only reason i trust logitech thou is ive been using them for over 10yrs now on all accessories,and in many cases its usually stuff getting old that you would need to replace any of them.

A while ago had MX mouse die on one of the pcs- almost 100e worth to this day and its been like 4 yrs or so since had it,so when was sure its broke because of internal malfunction,just contacted logitech support-of course no receipts or even box left after so much time,so got asked to give serial number of the mouse,and wolla week later new mouse arrived,didn't even ask for old one back-so 5y warranty is a great thing.Al tough it costs a lot more then any other company,but every bit is worth it,so thats something to keep in mind when shopping around,i know many companies are on par with logitech,but build quality and support goes a long way on quality you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Worth remembering that for the Logitech mechanical keyboards, they use their own switches, not Cherry. So they are more expensive since they arn't running the "norm" but that also leads to you not being able to avail of custom keycaps or replacing parts down the line when you are out of warranty.

Although I probably plan to move back to Logitech when my current stuff dies or I come into money. I've a Razer Deathadder that has been massively underwhelming and feels like a cheap piece of ****, far inferior to my MX518 which I still have and plan to move back to(I'm years on the DeathAdder now, always annoys me atleast a few times a week)

I made my first foray into mechanical keyboards over two years ago with a CoolerMaster Storm Quickfire rapid tenkeyless. Lovely board, but I had to RMA it relatively quickly after arrival with some keys failing, and now a few more have kinda gone(need multiple presses)

Going to try clean it out to see if maybe dirt if the problem, but my next board while being mechanical, I'll look at either Logitech, Filico or Ducky.

Razer seems woefully expensive for boards that appear(according to /r/mechanicalkeyboard) to fail pretty early into their life and don't have a great rep. Even though a few friends hav ethem and swear by them, I can't ever really stomach buying Razer. Heard good stuff about Corsairs mechanical range

Just collected my mouse from work, the mx performance Logitech, max dpi of 1600 what ever that means, and a game mode, feels great so its just a keyboard now on the list now, the keyboard I want now is the roccat ryos tkl
    I like the size and layout

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I received my keyboard on Wednesday(Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z) and have to say it is worth switching to mechanical going from an old acer yolk there is a big difference i feel anyway just in general use.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

laneooo wrote: »
    I received my keyboard on Wednesday(Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z) and have to say it is worth switching to mechanical going from an old acer yolk there is a big difference i feel anyway just in general use.

Yeah mechanical is just the way to go. And once you are there, and use one for a while, you can then start looking into the brands and types. There is a sub-hierarchy in mechanical keyboards by themselves, with some brands and models and switches being prefered to others.

I've been using a CM Storm Qckfire rapid for a few years, and I'll probably change this winter or next summer. Will look into a different type of switch, as the reds I'm using while nice, are a touch too loud.

Keep meaning to getting around to cleaning it, see if it make a difference, havnt cleaned it in three years

Advertisement