Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC games region free ?

• 10-07-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Are PC games region free ? I want to buy a game on amazon.com US version of gears of war, will it work on my pc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes but you will have to make up a fake US Amazon account

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭STEE

what ye on about ? I've bought stuff before on the US amazon using the account I made on the UK website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

As you so eloquently asked what he was on about - you need a us address so google an address in a state with no sales tax and add it to your account and select it for buying digital game keys. Some games are region locked (deep silver) but most should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

OP may be talking about a physical copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Would have to be since there's no digital version of GoW. http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gears_of_War

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭STEE

You can buy some things with an address in Ireland on the US amazon, depends on the seller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Skerries wrote: »
    yes but you will have to make up a fake US Amazon account

actually. The answer is not an absolute yes. There are many games which are not region free. Metro last light being a recent example. Along with some of the deep silver stuff that found itself in sales a while back.

Advertisement