Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for lunch just outside city?

Options
  • 10-07-2015 5:06pm

Hey all, I'm heading to the races at the end of the month, we are staying in flannerys hotel.
    We are planning a nice lunch out on the Tuesday, then out to the races, then into town for the night.
    So, the question is, is there anywhere nice for lunch out near the race course/ hotel, would just be easier then in and out of town twice!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

There's The Huntsman which is between Flannery's and town. Across from the Huntsman is the G Hotel, or the G Counter just behind the hotel.

On the racecourse side there the Galway Plate, it's a casual enough place, but there's loads of choice and you'll be well fed. I haven't eaten there, but the Clayton Hotel is close to the racecourse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Topaz petrol stations have an offer on tickets for races on Tuesday night. Saw it advertised today- 10 euro tickets. I presume you have to buy some petrol to get tickets but might be worth a look. Clayton hotel is your nearest option for lunch before the races- it overlooks the racecourse. I had a Christmas party there and the food was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Flannerys is better for food than any of the places mentioned above. Avoid the Huntsman it's not good (glorified fastfood), won't rate the Clayton either. If your driving I'd suggest going out to Oranmore to eat, the Boathouse is nice. If your not driving to the races maybe go into town to eat and get the bus to races, there's a very good bus service from Eyre Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Clayton is a good bet ( pun intended). Did dinner there Tuesday last year, was lovely. They shuttle bus ppl back and forth to the racecourse as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

The Connacht Hotel is just up the road from Flannery's too, on the same side of the Dublin Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement