Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas please!

Options
  • 10-07-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

DISCLAIMER: I no next to nothing about construction, materials, labour rates etc.
    so please pardon my simple explanations. I will try my best.

At the present time we unfortunately have an extension to the rear of our kitchen at the back. This is not fit for use in any manner and consequently must be demolished.(Completed by the previous contractor but fell short in many, many ways)

The picture I attach here is the present layout, bearing in mind the demolition that will take place, I am hoping to gather some ideas on how we can go about construction and planning a layout (creativity is not great with us!)

What needs to be completed is a ground floor bedroom, wet room and kitchen.

A very long story made very short, I am seeking help here, as it is for my parents who are sick and regrettably it took over 3 years of legal work to get to a position where we can build again.

We do have one plan but the cost is a little high. As I said I hoping to get some input from the experience of everyone here.

Many thanks.

*If I have not been clear in any area or you need further information, please just ask, I will be monitoring the thread with a keen eye.

Looking forward to hearing some input, thanks again.

Please find a link below if it does not load direct on the thread.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133929622@N06/shares/M6it15

M6it15

Advertisement