Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markree castle

Options
  • 10-07-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just looking for a bit of advice. Always loved Markree castle when growing up and couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. I understand it was sold to the Corscadden family in June and it's now closed for renovations until 2016. We were hoping to book our wedding for 2017 but can't get in contact with anyone about this. Surely it'd be bad for business if they're not at least taking bookings for weddings in the future? I'd have thought they'd have needed someone to keep managing this side of the business. Any advice or if anyone has any more info on what's going on it'd be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Roxy12 wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of advice. Always loved Markree castle when growing up and couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. I understand it was sold to the Corscadden family in June and it's now closed for renovations until 2016. We were hoping to book our wedding for 2017 but can't get in contact with anyone about this. Surely it'd be bad for business if they're not at least taking bookings for weddings in the future? I'd have thought they'd have needed someone to keep managing this side of the business. Any advice or if anyone has any more info on what's going on it'd be very welcome.

I'd email their website "manor house hotels of ireland" or ring them at
    01-295 8900.
    They might be able to give you a prospective opening date you could work around.
    If all else fails Kilronan and Castle Dargan are supposed to be good and Lough Rynn is lovely.

Advertisement