Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Polish Women the best?

Options
  • 10-07-2015 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hello all,

I'm really attracted to Polish women. I like that they are maybe more traditional than Irish girls, nothing wrong with Irish girls they're great too.

I worked with a couple of polish guys a few years back and couldn't get over the fact that they're wives and girlfriends always cooked for them and cleaned. They seemed really good to them and they were in great shape. I know its sexist to even want these things from women nowadays and I don't consider myself sexist I like to cook for girlfriends and consider them equals genuinely but damn these guys had it good. They also drank a lot and seemed to take them a bit for granted. They would always laugh at the Irish husbands on site who complained that they're wives weren't giving them any sex and call them pussies.

Any Irish guys married or in relationships with Polish girls, how do they compare what do they want from a relationship, what do they want from a man? Are polish girls even interested in Irish guys I don't know many Irish guys that managed to marry Polish girls. How do you meet them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Is it a slave you're after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

No. I knew I would get that response from the resident mangina's. I am merely interested in the difference in cultures. If a man works for 60 hours a week to pay all bills and support a wife and kids is he a slave? If a women chooses to stay at home and look after kids and the house is she a slave or are they in a partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

No. I knew I would get that response from the resident mangina's. I am merely interested in the difference in cultures. If a man works for 60 hours a week to pay all bills and support a wife and kids is he a slave? If a women chooses to stay at home and look after kids and the house is she a slave or are they in a partnership.

Well colour me purple and throw me to the lesbians, but if you're evaluating a potential relationship on the willingness of a prospective partner to fulfil a traditional role that expired 30 years ago in this country, perhaps you're not looking for a relationship of equals.

Context: I'm married 15 years to someone I love, her job is insanely busy during the summer whereas mine is more evenly distributed and so I pick up the slack over the summer and we split the household tasks more evenly over the winter.

If the aspect of a culture you find interesting is the possibility of exploiting the women in that community I hope word gets around about you quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Are you living in the 1960s?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I agree re. Polish women. They seem to make more of an effort, take more pride in their appearance and so on compared to our native stock. Hopefully a little bit of that rubs off on them. The Catholic connection is a big plus as well, I imagine they're quite traditional in who they want to eventually settle down with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Hello all,

I'm really attracted to Polish women. I like that they are maybe more traditional than Irish girls, nothing wrong with Irish girls they're great too.

I worked with a couple of polish guys a few years back and couldn't get over the fact that they're wives and girlfriends always cooked for them and cleaned. They seemed really good to them and they were in great shape. I know its sexist to even want these things from women nowadays and I don't consider myself sexist I like to cook for girlfriends and consider them equals genuinely but damn these guys had it good. They also drank a lot and seemed to take them a bit for granted. They would always laugh at the Irish husbands on site who complained that they're wives weren't giving them any sex and call them pussies.

Any Irish guys married or in relationships with Polish girls, how do they compare what do they want from a relationship, what do they want from a man? Are polish girls even interested in Irish guys I don't know many Irish guys that managed to marry Polish girls. How do you meet them?
    I agree re. Polish women. They seem to make more of an effort, take more pride in their appearance and so on compared to our native stock. Hopefully a little bit of that rubs off on them. The Catholic connection is a big plus as well, I imagine they're quite traditional in who they want to eventually settle down with.

The amount of generalisations and sheer stupidity between these two posts is just baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Rather than try to find a partner based on a tired old cultural stereotype - which in my experience isn't remotely true - find someone based on mutual expectations. I do think your ideal is outdated and depressing, who wants to work 60 hour weeks and take on the sole financial responsibility. But you will probably find plenty of women of all nationalities that share your vision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Consider the inverse of the OP , A woman posts in the ladies lounge that she misses a time when men were big and strong and weren't afraid to get out and dirty their hands to provide for their woman , where are all the real men gone she asks ? She would be lauded from a height and posters lamenting the loss of the real man , surely it stands to reason that some men prefer the old traditional type of relationship as opposed to the more modern one

I can see where you are coming from op , maybe your biggest problem is the way you phrased it , when it really boils down to it , don't most relationships return to the old way of wife and mother staying at home and the man going out to work , you just want it like that from day 1 , and I'd imagine most on here would be surprised by the amount of woman who would feel the same , but wouldn't say it due to fear of being labeled backward

Or am I taking it up wrong ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

Whats wrong with traditional roles none of you have addressed the fact that even modern women given the choice in the majority would rather look after children than have to go to work. By taking the attitude you have taken you have completely disregarded their wishes.

Also if a women choosing to stay at home is exploitative than a man who is forced to work to fulfill the other side of the partnership is not?

Skywhatever Shaming tactics don't work on me. I have never exploited anyone in my life nor intend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Whats wrong with traditional roles none of you have addressed the fact that even modern women given the choice in the majority would rather look after children than have to go to work. By taking the attitude you have taken you have completely disregarded their wishes.

Also if a women choosing to stay at home is exploitative than a man who is forced to work to fulfill the other side of the partnership is not?

Skywhatever Shaming tactics don't work on me. I have never exploited anyone in my life nor intend to.

Have you anything to demonstrate that this is in fact a fact?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Horrible Irish girl in PJ'S walking down the street hung over and screaming at her 3 kids by different fathers or a nice looking well presented demure Polish woman happy to look after her man...........

I know which one I would want!

OP - I'm with you on this one. I work with a Polish lad. I know 1st hand that the majority of Polish women WANT to fulfil these more traditional roles and would feel odd if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

To be fair. 90% of Polish women go to the dogs from 40+. There's a generalisation for ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

I got a generalization for ya!! 9 out of 10 polish women are attractive,While 9 out of 10 irish women are not,
    Truthful,honest red blooded males accept this its not insulting its just fact.

....Im a stud BTW.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The best place to meet Polish women is in Poland.
    You're welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Luke92 wrote: »
    To be fair. 90% of Polish women go to the dogs from 40+. There's a generalisation for ya.

90% of all women go to the dogs from 40+ TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What your describing is a bit more than that. Both myself and my partner have done stints at home with the kids. There was no obligation on the stay at home partner to have dinner on the table or anything like that. Certainly no one was ever taken for granted. It sounds like one of those things that might be a bit of a novelty for a week or two but give me an equal any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I know a few from nights out etc...kinda have a date half arranged with a Latvian (not polish I know!!)...but they are nothing like that (ones I know anyway!)....they're the same as Irish wans....some sound...some not
    IMO

whupdedo wrote:
    Consider the inverse of the OP , A woman posts in the ladies lounge that she misses a time when men were big and strong and weren't afraid to get out and dirty their hands to provide for their woman , where are all the real men gone she asks ?

I'd wager most men would agree tbh

lizzyman wrote:
    The amount of generalisations and sheer stupidity between these two posts is just baffling.

Disagreeing with something does not make it stupid.

There are a huge number of men and women (shock horror!) who want this kind of relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stay classy BG&RHL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus. I really don't know where to start with this TBH. What with the major cultural stereotypes on the one hand and the (quite natural) overshoot on the other. Either way closed and any more of this kinda daftness will be jumped on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement