Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanworth

Options
  • 11-07-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

anyone no if efibre is available in the town village of GLANWORTH?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

B wrote: »
    anyone no if efibre is available in the town village of GLANWORTH?
    Hi B

Yes, eFibre should launch in Glanworth within the next 6 to 8 weeks, the cabinet number is GWH1_E01 - the location of the cabinet can be found on this map (NGA Fibre broadband network) http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jinx01

I live about 4km from the exchange. What are the chances of fibre been available to me?

Jinx01 wrote: »
    I live about 4km from the exchange. What are the chances of fibre been available to me?
    Hi Jinx01

efibre availability is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets and in some cases the exchange itself - this is rather unlike regular broadband where it’s available upon exchange upgrade to all lines within a 6 to 8Km radius.

The fibre cabinets themselves are connected to the exchange by fibre cable and a copper cable from the cabinet feeds efibre to homes - this is what is called FTTC (fibre to the cabinet). The maximum distance a line can be from a cabinet or efibre enabled exchange is up to 2Km - If your line is at a distance of 4+ miles from a cabinet I  it will be unlikely your line can avail of efibre as it lays outside of the 2Km reach.

You can check cabinets here: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - click on "NGA fibre broadband network map" and select all from the panel on the right hand side of the map - the Green dots are live cabinets - the blue dots are planned to launch in next few months and Orange ones most likely 2016.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

any update on this is it fiber enabled?

Hi B

I'm afraid there has been a delay in the launch of efibre in Glanworth but hopes are that early to mid October will be met

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi B

No further details available and hopes remain set on mid October - this could change but has not yet.

Cheers
    Al

any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi B

I'm really sorry to say that there has been quite a large delay with the deployment of Fibre to glanworth - right now there's no time-frame beyond that it should be live within the next 12 months but there should be a more specific timeframe advisable within the next two to three months.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Polarbear123

Any further updates? I have a small business on the Castletownroche Road out of Glanworth the blue line on the map goes past our front door!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Any further updates? I have a small business on the Castletownroche Road out of Glanworth the blue line on the map goes past our front door!
    Hi Polarbear123,

Thanks for getting in touch. efibre to the cabinet (FTTC) has been lauched in Glanworth and 310 homes in this area now have access to this service and works will be continued to be carried out.

This blue line in question are the efbre to the home (FTTH) service which will be launched as part as eir's 2017-2020 rollout program.

-Pamela 

Advertisement