Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Eircom PW alarm- Want to replace & CCTV

• 11-07-2015 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    Just went ahead and purchased a cctv system from Aliexpress. fitted the cameras and the DVR seems to be working fine. But I am after a new alarm system that can link with this and all work of one app on the phone. oics sent etc from motion detect.
    Any suggestions please.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not many that will do it from the one app.
    What make of cctv have you. Some IP cameras will work with the Siemens app, but you would be getting much better using seperate apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

HD 4ch CCTV system 1MP 1200TVL FULL 720p video surveillance AHD CCTV DVR 1080P NVR KIT 4*720p Outdoor security camera system

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DEFEWAY-HDMI-CCTV-surveillance-home-system-kit-3G-WIFI-960H-1080P-DVR-NVR-HVR-4x700TVL-HD/1752135178.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor- HD 4ch CCTV system 1MP 1200TVL FULL 720p video surveillance AHD CCTV DVR 1080P NVR KIT 4*720p Outdoor security camera system

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DEFEWAY-HDMI-CCTV-surveillance-home-system-kit-3G-WIFI-960H-1080P-DVR-NVR-HVR-4x700TVL-HD/1752135178.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

Although the DVr ain't great I am thinking of switching it for a swann? What ya think?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its an NVR , it may be possible to get the Siemens app to see the cameras.
    Keep away from Swann would be my opinion.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its an NVR , it may be possible to get the Siemens app to see the cameras.
    Keep away from Swann would be my opinion.

No it's just DVR. Power over bnc balun x 4 cameras. Remote acting up on the DVR and not as easy as I thought it was gong to be to set up!

I don't know of any app that could connect to that and your alarm.
    What problems are you having with the remote access?

• Advertisement

I don't know of any app that could connect to that and your alarm.
    What problems are you having with the remote access?
    Can't find the i

Can't find what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    No it's just DVR. Power over bnc balun x 4 cameras. Remote acting up on the DVR and not as easy as I thought it was gong to be to set up!

Have you got a static or dynamic IP address set up?
    You could also set up a dns and use that if a dynamic address you are using.

Can't find what?

Can't find the app that comes with box...

Can't find the app that comes with box...

Have you tried their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

altor wrote: »
    Have you tried their website?
    I tried view this website;

2jexoa1.png

PeteK* wrote: »

2jexoa1.png

Yeah I tried to work out how to access the cctv remotely though the router/ app. I have a digiweb fritzbox router and I can see its connected to the router through the user interface but unable to decipher how to access remotely through phone or PC. In fact can't access it through a PC on the network either!

PeteK* wrote: »

2jexoa1.png

Seems to be down now alright.
    The page I linked to the other day had the download for the App and remote viewing on it.

Did you try a search using that name on the Play Store /App Store or somewhere like Aptoide?

Did you try a search using that name on the Play Store /App Store or somewhere like Aptoide?

Yes tried that all right. The manual suggests downloading vmeye or vmeye cloud but they don't seem to be able to sink with the DVR.

Does the recorder you have use multiple ports.?
    If so have you tried them all?

Does the recorder you have use multiple ports.?
    If so have you tried them all?

Not sure if this in an option as my tech knowledge would not go that far. Will have to do some investigating!
    This is the DVR set up I got-
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DEFEWAY-HDMI-CCTV-surveillance-home-system-kit-3G-WIFI-960H-1080P-DVR-NVR-HVR-4x700TVL-HD/1752135178.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

I just noted that it is a nvr also- dooh ! Does this make it any easier to log into from a PC remotely or internally? I can id. the IP address of the DVR on the fritzbox. Bit can't access it!

Some recorders have different ports for web server, mobile app, search etc.
    Trying various ports sometimes get it going on different .

Not sure if this in an option as my tech knowledge would not go that far. Will have to do some investigating!
    This is the DVR set up I got-

I just noted that it is a nvr also- dooh ! Does this make it any easier to log into from a PC remotely or internally? I can id. the IP address of the DVR on the fritzbox. Bit can't access it!

Youtube have some great step by step videos when setting up remote access.
    Even for a novice.

The fact it's an NVR wouldn't make much difference. The network settings would be the same.

• Advertisement

Id say its more than likely a setting he is missing.

Advertisement