Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Schools

Options
  • 11-07-2015 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Sorry to disturb you all but just wondered if I could get some advice on the local primary schools as we have moved to the area and my daughter will be due to start school in 2016 so we will be applying for her this year.

We are in walking distance of both St. Kevin's and St. Brigids so these would be our first preferences but don't really know anything about them so any advice would be very helpful please and thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

My child went to St. Brigid's, I could not praise it enough.
    It would be my preference.

From the excellent reports I have heard about St. Kevin's I don't think you would be disappointed with either school.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

Thank you for your reply. Both do look like very good schools. I have heard that both have waiting lists/are very hard to get into though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Thank you for your reply. Both do look like very good schools. I have heard that both have waiting lists/are very hard to get into though?

Did your son start school in Greystones in September 2013 and which school did you pick then?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

Pixie john I didn't get to choose one As due to family/financial circumstances at the time we didn't get to stay in Greystones too long. We are in a better position now and he is on waiting lists for all schools presently but wanted to see which we advised by locals as my daughter will be older starting (she will be 5 which I believe makes a difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

There is no waiting list for those two schools, the application forms come out in November (so Nov 2015, for Sept 2016) and you fill them in and put the schools in order of preference. They are Catholic schools. The ET is multi-denominational and has a waiting list. I don't know anything about the other schools. My son went to the ET for a short while and I was very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Also consider St Patricks which is between Kevins and Brigids here - it's Church of Ireland, smaller than the others and is an excellent school.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

ET Greystones has a waiting list ?????

God help us !

Sasso wrote: »

God help us !

I put my sons's name down when he was 7 months old, he got in on the second round of offers when he was 4.5. Lots of people don't get in. It is similar all over the country, why are you surprised?

I think the "God help us" is part of the reason they are oversubscribed, there are lots of us now who don't rely on God for anything, least of all help.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

It appears that the heathens have not only lost their faith but their sense of humour and don't recognise sarcasm. ��

Ah the lowest form of wit......... yeah us heathens don't bother with that :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sasso wrote: »

God help us ! :pac:

FYP

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement