Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account type/ conversion query

Options
  • 11-07-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi, my parents have a joint account. The statements say personal current account, yet the debit card says your Visa Business Debit card or something to that effect.

i assume this is some sort of agri business account as they ex farmers. One is retired one is a PAYE Worker. The only other income is a small farm land rent, falls below threshold levels for revenue.

Can this account type be converted to a personal account as they want to avail of THE golden years account. Tried this previously via letters to the branch but it wasn't done. I think they said something about it being a business account.

My parents are not in business. Will they need to open another account or can this be done.

Please confirm if this is possible. Please don't refer to me to the branch for answers. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning lotsofthegreen, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to change a product type it would be necessary to apply for a new account. To query how to do this and what may be involved, your parents can call our account opening team on 1890 365 454 where a dedicated representative will be more than happy to discuss this with them. Alternatively, they can request a call back here for a time which would be most convenient for them. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement