Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery fault. New battery needed?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Returned home the other week from an overnight and found there had been a power cut and the alarm panel was showing a battery fault. I presume the alarm had been running on battery power while the mains was off but don't know how long for.
    The battery fault is still showing on the panel although the alarm is working fine otherwise.

It's a HKC Securewatch alarm. Battery is 12v 3.2A.

Do I need to clear this fault in the engineer menu?
    Should the battery have recharged once the mains was back on? If so, I guess it would have done so by now.
    Do I need a new battery?

Any recommendations on where to pick up a battery? Preferably around Lucan/Leixlip/Celbridge.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will pick up a new battery in any of the suppliers on the list here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    REW in Ballymount would be pretty close to you. Or IGT .
    Ideally go for a 7 amp battery like this one.It will last longer in the event of a power cut.
    64664-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

milltown wrote: »
    Returned home the other week from an overnight and found there had been a power cut and the alarm panel was showing a battery fault. I presume the alarm had been running on battery power while the mains was off but don't know how long for.
    The battery fault is still showing on the panel although the alarm is working fine otherwise.

It's a HKC Securewatch alarm. Battery is 12v 3.2A.

Do I need to clear this fault in the engineer menu?
    Should the battery have recharged once the mains was back on? If so, I guess it would have done so by now.
    Do I need a new battery?

Any recommendations on where to pick up a battery? Preferably around Lucan/Leixlip/Celbridge.

Many thanks!

I dont think there is any suppliers in Celbridge.
    M.E.W in Leixlip would also have these in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

altor wrote: »
    I dont think there is any suppliers in Celbridge.
    M.E.W in Leixlip would also have these in stock.

Picked one up there at lunchtime.
    Alarm is tickety-boo now. Thanks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tickety Boo is a new one...
    Anyway glad you got it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

milltown wrote: »
    Picked one up there at lunchtime.
    Alarm is tickety-boo now. Thanks!

Brilliant, nice and handy spot if you are stuck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement