Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Depth on sale until Sunday. Is it worth it?

• 11-07-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭

Depth is a 4v2 game with a team of divers versus two sharks set around sunken ships and such. it's on 66% off for the weekend. I'm just wondering if anybody has this and what do they think about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Its also free for the weekend so why not try it yourself? I tried it for a short while with friends and it seemed to be ok but we'd need another session at it to see if its worth buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Love the idea, review here has me only thinking maybe:
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/12/depth-review

EDIT: Apparently the game has been updated since this review and has new game modes, so take with a pinch of salt. Definitely gonna give it a free go and see.

I've just spent more hours than I care to admit hunting divers as a shark and it is an insane amount of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Downloaded it for the free weekend. after getting my arse handed to me by both sharks and divers, i was finally on the winning end of a match. people were giving out on the forums about aim-bots making mincemeat of players but i didn't really notice. very tempted to buy buy might watch that TB video first...

I'm just cautious of online only games because I got Minimum and that was clearly unfinished, unbalanced and the playerbase dropped off a cliff.

• Advertisement

people were giving out on the forums about aim-bots making mincemeat of players but i didn't really notice.

I can believe it. I've been sharking around a lot and you get a feel for the situations where you should be able to hit and run and every now and then you get blasted instantly despite, say, bursting through a wall and snapping someone on the other side. Quite rarely, though.

Also the bots are bonkers. Any time there is a bot in the game it dominates. Going against a diver bot reminds me a bit of people using aimbots in Counterstrike, with that sense of throwing your hands up and wondering what the hell you're supposed to do. Shark bots seem pretty lethal too.

The match-making system is a little wonky. If anyone drops from the game they are replaced with a bot, even at the earliest stages way before the game launches. Why on Earth not just pull in someone else from the match-making pool to fill their slot if the game hasn't started yet? Also I'm getting a little buggy behaviour with buttons getting greyed out for periods of time for no apparent reason.

Still, it's 8 quid and great fun when it does what it's supposed to do.

EDIT: That Total Biscuit video is very out of date by now so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Advertisement