Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-Q dialler and 3 Ireland sim card

Options
  • 11-07-2015 2:51pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got this combination working, I've been trying for the last hour or so, but to no avail, keeps saying "sim missing" I tried sim card in phone, works perfect, I've made a chargeable call and text with the sim also, still no luck.

The dialler is working fine as my o2 sim is fine in it as is a 48 month sim card I've also tried. I'm stumped here now. It's a brand new 3 sim card which has €20 credit on it too.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Threes SIMs are 3G . They will not work AFAIK.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KoolKid wrote: »
    Threes SIMs are 3G . They will not work AFAIK.

Yeah I reckon that's the case alright, pity I didn't know that before purchasing a 3 sim (which for some reason only comes with €20 loaded on to them), only went with that sim as I've always had an o2 sim in my dialler and with o2 been taken over by three, thought it would be the same set-up. Looks like I'll have to go down the Tesco route now :(

Thanks koolkid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The original O2 SIMs are 2G they work fine.
    Stick with Vodafone or Meteor .I find they work best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon that's the case alright, pity I didn't know that before purchasing a 3 sim (which for some reason only comes with €20 loaded on to them), only went with that sim as I've always had an o2 sim in my dialler and with o2 been taken over by three, thought it would be the same set-up. Looks like I'll have to go down the Tesco route now :(

Thanks koolkid

No, they do not work with a 3 sim.
    Vodafone or Meteor would be the best option.

Advertisement