Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

290, 390 or a 970 are better ideas for 1080p imo, 390X is my go-to 1440p card.

Nothing wrong with the 390X now, but it's gonna be OP for a little bit, will be caught up with in time.

Perfect other than that, maybe switch the PSU to a BeQuiet or Corsair but TT are good too. 500w is enough for the cards I've listed, 550w for a 390X

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

Ok so I swapped the GPU with this http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/4096+MB/179486/MSI+GeForce+GTX+970+Gaming+4G%2C+4GB+GDDR5.article and the PSU with this http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/400+-+500+Watts/82763/be+quiet!+PURE+POWER+L8+500W.article

Would I better to go with a 500gb SSD rather then 2 250gb SSD? and also does the case come with enough fans or would I need to buy extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I prefer to keep my drives separate for the few euro saved, depends on the person.

Value for money wise, the 500gb is cheaper and saves on PSU slots

I went to order this but get the following message on the delivery screen:

Unfortunately we cannot deliver your ordered goods to the specified address. This may have one of the following reasons:

In case of P.O. Box addresses please try to enter a street and housenumber instead. We can't send your items to a P.O. Box.
    We can not deliver some of the the selected items to your specified country. Please try to enter a valid address in Germany or remove items classified as bulk goods (in most cases LCD-TV's greater than 32 Inch). The Pickup-Service is also only available for german Addresses.
    Baskets containing USK-18 articles as well as bulk goods cannot be shipped. Please split your basket into two separate orders.

I have checked the basket and do not see anything that would be considered bulk or has USK -18 that I can see, for the zip code I inputted 0000 and house number N/A as I do not have one. It also doesnt say which item cannot bbe shipped to Ireland.

Any ideas what am doing wrong here or what item is preventing this? Only thing I changed was the GPU from MSI to the Gigabyte version from the items listed.

Just wanted to say thanks Digital for the help, was finally able to order the build after some messing around with the address issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement