Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread - Clare v. Cork

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

And after all that Cork look like going in in front.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clare scored 9/16 chances, Cork scored 10 out of 21, Bugler looks in trouble as the half time whistle goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Both teams seem to be throwing the ball to each other a lot rather than a tapped pass .

I know I said I wouldn't have a beer this weekend, f**k it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Shane O'Donnell is having a great game he just needs to add a few more scores.

Both teams seem to be throwing the ball to each other a lot rather than a tapped pass .

Yeah, noticed that as well, very little seperation between the ball and hand before the pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Corks tactics are really negative. It will be really tough for them to get a goal.

Cork bringing back the sweeper means there's no space for the Clare forwards. A lot of Cork's wides were cause of the pressure by Clare, the Cork forwards are down a man, the yellow card to Dillion could be massive yet.

Kelly's puck outs are brilliant by the way.

This is my first time watching Jamesey on Sky, reminds me of economics in Flannan's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I think we may need to use our free man to help Dillion out a bit more a second yellow would be a disaster.

Conlon off, I assume he was injured, Cunningham not a bad sub to bring on but I don't know how our forwards are going to line up, we've 3 full forwards playing now.

What kind of messing are we doing?

Great point by McGrath, great interplay to set it up, honest guv

2 poor balls, 1 from Clare and 1 from Cork, must be hard to adjust to floodlights.

J@ysus SoD that's a forwards goal, should have gotten there.

11-10 to Cork after 38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Clareman, I don't understand your point about not getting worrying about Kilkenny and not Tipp. I never said that, I suggested that both are the main teams to beat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Clareman wrote: »
    Conlon off, I assume he was injured, Cunningham not a bad sub to bring on but I don't know how our forwards are going to line up, we've 3 full forwards playing now.

He was quite enough in the first half but I can't imagine he'd be called ashore at half time unless injured

• Advertisement

Very Bored wrote: »
    Clareman, I don't understand your point about not getting worrying about Kilkenny and not Tipp. I never said that, I suggested that both are the main teams to beat.

Waterford are unbeaten and league champions, I'd have them as equal at least to Tipp

12-11 to Cork after 41

Spoke too soon, 13-11 after 40:49

Both teams have found there scoring ranges now in the second half, some good points from both sides.

Umpires show how infallible they are again

• Advertisement

could do with hawk-eye

Colin Ryan off now.

Bad wide by SoD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What's it like now lads? Just catching up on the auld wireless.

Still no Hawkeye working in Thurles yet thought it would be up and running by now it's been installed for months

Wow, what a first free

All square after 44

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What's it like now lads? Just catching up on the auld wireless.

Good game now, fairly open under bad conditions

Bad wide by McGrath.

Clare could do with a few scores.

Get O'Donnell off, he's having a stinker.

Good game now, fairly open under bad conditions

Good to hear. Thought Limerick and Dublin were fairly poor.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Good to hear. Thought Limerick and Dublin were fairly poor.

I'm not saying it's a classic by any streatch, lots of slipping and sliding but 2 eveningly matched teams.

Terrible wide by Cork there.

Don't know what the crowd were giving out about SoD got himself into trouble.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying it's a classic by any streatch, lots of slipping and sliding but 2 eveningly matched teams.

Sounds like a good atmosphere there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Shane O'Donnell is very poor.

Galvin on, I don't think we've a problem in the middle of the pitch.

WFT if the ref blowing for once the ball is in possession, should habe blown when it was in the air, poor reffing there.

Shane O'Donnell is very poor.

Good hurler but goes glory-hunting

Wow, bad wide by Donnellan there.

Only 27 scores after 50 minutes but it's extremely open.

14-13 to Cork after 50 by the way.

The pace of the game is quicker but the shooting is just as poor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's raining wides

Good hurler but goes glory-hunting

I've no problem with a full forward going for glory but overplaying the ball is terrible.

Some very bad wides at this stage.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wide after wide...

• Advertisement

Clare half forwards being dominated now, Conlon and Ryan big losses now.

Cork point, up 15-13 after 51:30

Bite gone out of it now, whoever scores the goal will win it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

@Clareman for me Waterford have peaked too early. Very hard to be that good all year long. I know we had a bad league but I don't think we've gone soft all of a sudden, Cody will be working to have us primed for August, whether he'll get it right or not remains to be seen but I don't think we've suddenly gone bad.

Attaboy Davey Mc, great point.

Why is the ref suddenly insisting on his whistle before the puck out now, that's a change.

Honan isn't a half forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GreaseGunner

Score and time? Awful that this isn't on RTE.

• Advertisement

The shooting in this is absolutely terrible.

Score and time? Awful that this isn't on RTE.

55mins Cork up 15-14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

The two matches today emphasise how much that tipp and Kilkenny are still out on their own. Poor stuff all round today

My gawd Galvin that was a shocker.

At least the ref is pulling both teams for the quick puck outs.

14-15 to cork 51 mins

• Advertisement
Advertisement