Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Kenneth Limerick

• 11-07-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi ,

I am thinking of renting in Mount Kenneth for a while before buying .

I know it has a bad reputation, but I want to know the truth ...what's it like now 2015

I want to hear only from people who actually live or know someone who lives there.

I heard there are a lot of owner occupied apts now with families and patrolling security. whats the phone number for security and how to contact them in case you need them ..

so what's the truth of the situation there now. Can you out after 9 pm for example.

thank you kindly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pheebs123

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

For the love of god don't do it. A friend rented there for a year last year, awful place. Junkies lurking in the hallways, (he even got to know them by name they were their so often), needles left beside his car in the alleged "private" car park.

The hallway also stinks of weed half the time which seeps into your apartment, grand if you're into that kinda thing. A fella was murdered (stabbed) there last year also.

Steer clear, anyone that says otherwise is deluded!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Stay away.

I regularly run through town and have run past there a good few times 7-8pm in the evening. I've had residents randomly hurl abuse at me as they loitered on the street and the last time I ran past Dominos a woman actually chased me up the street.

Aside of what goes on in the building, the streets in front of the building have a terrible name for heroin and prostitution. not the kind of thing you want to be walking past when you are going to/coming from your home. Given what I experienced in the evening, there's no way I'd go near the place after 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Ditto to the above posters if you're looking for some where cheap to stay in limerick try broad street apartments they aren't too bad or apartments by Catherine street or harstonge street I used to live in the latter . Bit noisey at times but other than that safer and closer walk to town

Advertisement