Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is PSN Down?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 8:36pm

I thought this might be a good idea for a thread for people to know whether PSN is currently down or whether it's a problem with their connection. Boards would usually be my first port-of-call for looking these up.

When saying whether it's down, say whether it is PS3/PS4 (though I'd wonder whether it'd be down on both?)

PSN appears down for me on my PS4. Is it down for anybody else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It might be just you. Could be an ISP issue instead of a PSN issue.

https://status.playstation.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloodbourne servers were/are under maintenance, could have just been that?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kiroswat

Hi All

I am having problems connecting to PSN on playstation 3 for the last four days I am getting connection to the server timed out when even trying to change password on the PS3 went to website again trying to log in to psn website to log in and still getting timed out message on vodafone fibre optic any ideas what the problem could be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kiroswat wrote: »
    Hi All

I am having problems connecting to PSN on playstation 3 for the last four days I am getting connection to the server timed out when even trying to change password on the PS3 went to website again trying to log in to psn website to log in and still getting timed out message on vodafone fibre optic any ideas what the problem could be

When you do internet connection test, what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kiroswat

F1ngers wrote: »
    When you do internet connection test, what happens?

getting psn failed

• Advertisement

kiroswat wrote: »
    getting psn failed

Have a read of this thread, see if anything helps: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432872

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

down for anyone else? im getting network undergoing maintenance

curryman wrote: »
    down for anyone else? im getting network undergoing maintenance

Am playing Zombies online now.

EDIT: Got a maintenance message pop up just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know long this maintenance will last? Or is there a way of finding out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The PlayStation Network has buckled for the first time in 2016.

The online service is required for playing games online, as well as for other features of the console like videos and its store.

Sony said only that the network was "experiencing issues" and its status page showed that the problems were affecting all of its major services.

PSN suffered some problems over the Christmas period, including issues playing online on Christmas Day. But the outage is the first problem of 2016.

Sony's "Network Service Status" page only showed that the problems were affecting all of the company's platforms, including the PlayStation 3 and 4 and web services. It said that people were having problems getting online and that its "engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible".

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know anywhere that gives information as to exactly what the problem is and an estimated time of return?

I just hope it's not the lizard squad messing around again!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

this is a joke at this stage

I like the way that article says, "for the first time in 2016" as if it means something good, when in reality we're 5 days into the new year right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sony are so bad with maintaining a functioning online service. Pain in the arse when you have limited time to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Maintenance my ass......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think we need more stability updates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I think we'll be getting extensions to our PS+ subscriptions because of the downtime. :)
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/05/sony-offers-ps-plus-extension-after-psn-outage-5601620/

Back up. Someone mentioned in the PS4 thread that it was likely a DDOS attack over actual maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Back up. Someone mentioned in the PS4 thread that it was likely a DDOS attack over actual maintenance.

Yeah it was a ddos, a group called the phantom squad claimed credit for it. Another bunch of socially inept, bedroom dwelling chronic masturbators who somehow think that a ddos is "hacking".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

At the very least Sony should be extending people's PlayStation Plus accounts.

• Advertisement

At the very least Sony should be extending people's PlayStation Plus accounts.

In fairness, why should they? If it was genuinely because of their own maintenance issues, then sure, but this was an outside force causing the problems.

People have paid for a service that is not working correctly. At least it is back up and running now.

People have paid for a service that is not working correctly. At least it is back up and running now.

You're not getting it though.. The service itself IS working. Do you not know what a DDOS attack is?

You're not getting it though.. The service itself IS working. Do you not know what a DDOS attack is?

Yes I know what it is.

PSN update: check your email starting this week for details on extensions for PS Plus, PS Now and video rentals for active accounts

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

Advertisement