Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day rate for plasterer.

Options
  • 11-07-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Quick question. As above what's the average day rate for plastering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

In Dublin, €200. In Roscommon €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

That's good news, my house is 100ft from the Westmeath/Roscommon border in Athlone. Know anyone interested in a bit of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No. Stick up an add on gumtree, or find a Facebook group. Just don't hire anyone too cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I paid €130/day in Tipp last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

You're going to get what you pay for if you hire a plasterer for €70 a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Pm me and I will give you the number of a good plasterer in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

I'd know bad plastering if I saw it. If I had picked up the trowel and hawk instead of going to college I'd be 5th generation plasterer. My summer job for a few years was plasterers labourer so I've seen many walls skimmed and mixed a lot of plaster by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

No. Stick up an add on gumtree, or find a Facebook group. Just don't hire anyone too cheap.

I wouldn't recommend doing this, you will get all sorts of idiots calling themselves plasterers phoning you, and they wouldn't know the difference between a hawk and a hacksaw.

If you want a really good plasterer, get recommendations and references and try to see their work.

Really good plasterers are hard to find and are well worth their fee for the great finish.

Advertisement