Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking lot in Limerick

• 11-07-2015 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I will probably have to leave my car from Friday (around 1.30pm) to Monday 3rd August evening/7/8pm (which is a bank holiday).

Ill be getting a train back to Limerick. Ideally the train station car park logistically would be better, but I imagine would cost a small fortune.

Does anyone know any parking places that I could get a better rate/facilitate the bank holiday?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Best not leave it at the railway station overnight, nevermind 4 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

€4.00 payable when entering will be the total cost at the railway station, if you can get a spot in front of the station & then take normal precautions, nothing on view, locked etc,should be fine, parking up the side is less secure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Yes , Park it at the front of the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Would it not be diffucult to get a space at the front at half 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Would it not be diffucult to get a space at the front at half 1?

Almost impossible, but you never know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks guys,

Although I dont want to pay a small fortune (if I have to, I have to), I would prefer to leave it somewhere that would be safer.

From what ye are saying here, the train station wouldnt be safe.

Any other ideas/recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

How about on street parking?

Some city parking is free on Saturday, park on that street on Friday, pay the fee for Friday afternoon. Free Sat & Sun and you should be OK on the Bank Holiday too.

Or park out the Ennis Rd outside the pay for parking zone.

One more long shot suggestion - there's a tiny yard on Roches St, Downings, big black arched door just down from Duggan's. Try him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is the train station that bad?? My wife works nights quite often and gets a bus to Shannon when she does as she hates driving back when so tired, she leaves the car in the train station car park overnight (gets the bus back and drives the short distance home)and has done for many years,(hundreds of times) she's never had any hassle, I'm fairly confident that the OP will be absolutely fine leaving the car there for the long weekend even if it's not at the front.

Advertisement