Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial - when to get it?

Options
  • 11-07-2015 11:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting a facial before my wedding. I don't normally get them, so I'm wondering how far in advance I should get it before the day so that my skin settles down again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Faith wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting a facial before my wedding. I don't normally get them, so I'm wondering how far in advance I should get it before the day so that my skin settles down again?

Maybe 2-3 months before the big day, that way if you have a reaction you still have time for it to clear up, i would call into a local salon and have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I would definitely suggest you get it a few months before hand in case you get a break out from it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, the wedding is in less than 4 weeks so I can't get it 2-3 months beforehand!! I was thinking more like 2-3 weeks at most :eek:. Maybe I shouldn't chance it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I'd have suggested 3 weeks.

Ohh, i don't think I'd chance it unless its a very gentle facial for sensitive skin, and even with that, you wouldn't know if you would have a break out, personally i wouldn't chance it so close, is your skin badly needing a pick me up? if not just sick with what you are doing with your skin care routine.

• Advertisement

No, my skin is grand. It was just a pampering thing really. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, and I thought facials just improved your skin, not that they apparently destroy it for months before getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a facial two months before my wedding and my skin was fine. I had a facial (same brand) two months ago and I'm beginning to think that my skin will never be fine again. With such little time left it's not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I was always told two weeks. I have sensitive skin so I always go for facials that are suitable for sensitive skin and avoid ones with peels. I suggest if you are considering getting one to speak to the therapist about how long you should have it before your wedding.

Yeah chances are you'd be fine but there is always a probability you would have an allergic reaction. I'm not one for facials myself but i do get the odd microdermabrasion, i think these are better, well, for me they are anyway.

Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful :).

I wanted microdermabrasion done, but I meant to get one a few months ago to see how it went, and now I've just left it too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I had a facial two months before my wedding and my skin was fine. I had a facial (same brand) two months ago and I'm beginning to think that my skin will never be fine again. With such little time left it's not worth the risk.

What happened after the second facial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

I have very sensitive skin and dont normally get facials either, but I did get one about a month before and then a week before my wedding last year. They were dermalogica and suitible for sensitive skin and I was grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Faith wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful :).

I wanted microdermabrasion done, but I meant to get one a few months ago to see how it went, and now I've just left it too late.

I would not recommend you try microdermoabrasion this close to your wedding I think it's just asking for something to go wrong and to have a break out or a reaction. I also wouldn't call microdermoabrasion my idea of "papering" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

greenfrogs wrote: »
    What happened after the second facial?

My skin is incredibly dry now and the products that were recommended to me made it worse. I think she used a very harsh exfoliater on me. I think I've finally found products/a routine that suit my skin but it's still not great. It wouldn't put me off getting a facial but I definitely wouldn't get one close to an important event.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

A deep cleanse facial with a brand like Guinot/Payot/Decleor would be ideal this week and your make-up will go much better on your wedding day.

Advertisement