Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den back for Season 13 (3 New Dragons)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Hopefully this big shakeup will make it somewhat watchable again. It has been terrible since Theo left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭s8n

any word on a new series of the irish one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Couldnt watch it anymore when they brought that Cruella Deville looking one on, it had gotten very boring aswell. Irish one much more entertaining when combined with the Boards thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

deborah meade or whatever her surname is was always the worst for me

Would never ever invest unless going in with another dragon. would only do this if other dragons had said it was a good investment.

if she went first and liked something and all the dragons didnt, she would manage to backtrack and rubbish the idea too

still she has multiple businesses and millions. I dont know, so what do i know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

deborah meade or whatever her surname is was always the worst for me

Would never ever invest unless going in with another dragon. would only do this if other dragons had said it was a good investment.

if she went first and liked something and all the dragons didnt, she would manage to backtrack and rubbish the idea too

still she has multiple businesses and millions. I dont know, so what do i know

Well, you're very astute, Power Pants! I never noticed that about her.

• Advertisement

The new Theo lookalike guy is a complete prat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Thargor wrote: »
    The new Theo lookalike guy is a complete prat.

He is very ott, trying to make a splash on the show with his offers /put downs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The raw chocolate company was a revelation for me, my oh's daughter is allergic to soy, and watching this programme gave us a chance to buy her chocolate for the first time in seven years.

I was delighted to see him get the investment

What the feck are they doing to this seaweed couple? They're crucifying them for no reason, she wasnt being combative at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What the feck are they doing to this seaweed couple? They're crucifying them for no reason, she wasnt being combative at all...

I'm only watching now and she is being very off-putting alright. She clearly hasn't a clue how a business works and is getting defensive over basic questions she should know the answers too. Her attitude, the sighs, her body language, is very much the wrong attitude to have.

That and a ridiculous valuation of £3 million when she hasn't broken even yet is only going to antagonise the Dragons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That new guy, Touker Sullyman, makes me realise how much I miss Theo on the show. I don't mind the other two new dragons though. Sarah Willingham isn't as stern as Kelly Hoppen and is much more likable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Yes, I was lost here, she should've said she didn't know what gross profit but that didn't give them reason to do what they did, it was edited badly to make it look even worse.

The Tags crisp guy got an awful deal, Meaden wanted a bit much at 10% but was "ah im happy" when Jones looked for 15% each....to do what, make a phone call to his buddy in sainsburys.

Didn't like the carry on in this EP from Jones or Meaden, hopefully they go soon.

God yer one Deborah is a wagon. Struck me as extremely petty withdrawing her offer like that - she probably knew they wouldn't accept 40% and it was her way of getting out without being turned down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    God yer one Deborah is a wagon. Struck me as extremely petty withdrawing her offer like that - she probably knew they wouldn't accept 40% and it was her way of getting out without being turned down.

THey were a bit above themselves with the assumption Sarah was going to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya it was their own fault suggesting to an experienced investor how to invest her money.

Id say that Sarah on is only gonna last one season as she defeats the whole purpose of the show INVEST SOME MONEY !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The overall picture as regards dragons, comes comes across rather confused this season. Deborah did come across rather harshly, by cancelling her offer. There probably was a lot more to that than was shown. Also, could not help feeeling a bit sorry for the lady who blew her chances by suggesing the two dragons share. She was doing fine up to then.

Oh dear... I know it's all edited for television but you just have to cringe at these types who have no clue of the basics of their own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Is it just me, or do all of the pitches involve food these days?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/07/former-dragons-den-star-and-cameron-adviser-charged-with-child-sexual-assault
    Former Dragons' Den star and Cameron adviser charged with child sexual assault
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

And its back for the rest of S13 Tonight at 8.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006vq92

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The Irish farmer, marketing the painted eggs, was fairly thrashed. He had sunk a lot of money into it already and was about to sink another 100,000 £. I don't know if I would be attracted to buying painted, hard-boiled egs.

Advertisement