Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public swimming pool

• 12-07-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what swimming pools in Limerick would be open to the public where membership isn't required? (I've tried to google this (maybe not very well), but couldn't really get a straight answer)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

UL or Grove Island are about the only ones, I think? (since St. Enda's was closed) — but I'm open to correction.

Shame, really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

peckerhead wrote: »
    UL or Grove Island are about the only ones, I think? (since St. Enda's was closed) — but I'm open to correction.

Shame, really.

UL also has the advantage of being one of only 2-3 50 m pools in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

There's an outdoor pool in Ballina and it's open every afternoon for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

There's an outdoor pool in Ballina and it's open every afternoon for the summer.

Would recommend the 20 minute drive to get to this pool. It's heated, outdoor, 2.50€ for kids, and open 2-6pm everyday. My kids loved it. Was nice to be outside swimming in warmth for once:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

The Shannon Pool, on Howley's Quay in front of the old Clohessy's, is open every day of the year and is free.

The only down side is that once a day or so, you have to wait for it to be refilled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement