Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle 2016 - **no entry requests/offers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

bizarre I just got a spot in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 a few minutes ago. Their lottery results are today as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

BailMeOut wrote: »
    bizarre I just got a spot in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 a few minutes ago. Their lottery results are today as well!
    Same here, doing both

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mikecraddock

Hi everybody, if you registered plus one via the buddy system and you are successful, both you and your 'buddy' will be emailed separately and there will be a gap between emails, with the person who registered receiving theirs first. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Update on Facebook

"All successful and unsuccessful applicants are being emailed over 36 hours from 9am today. If you are successful you will receive a second email with a unique code and link to complete registration. If you applied via the buddy system, both you and your plus one will receive an email. There may be a gap between delivering of both emails. Congratulations to those who were successful and best of luck to those still waiting to hear.

** Update: Please check your junk mail folder as we are receiving reports of applicants finding the email there."

This update was at about 5:30 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The YOPPA

For anyone who's unsuccessful in the lottery and really wants to cycle, remember that a few of the 10 designated charities will not have filled their allocated registrations yet & can still be approached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

Hi everybody, if you registered plus one via the buddy system and you are successful, both you and your 'buddy' will be emailed separately and there will be a gap between emails, with the person who registered receiving theirs first. Hope this helps.

I registered for two of us, my buddy got email but I didn't. I rang the number on the website this evening and there was no answer. A lady rang me back at about 7.30. She said there were some difficulties with the people who registered 2 people and gave both email addresses. She did confirm that when one of the pair received a confirmation email that both were successful. She said i may or may not get a confirmation email at this stage but that we should both get emailed codes to complete registration by tomorrow evening. That's good enough for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The YOPPA wrote: »
    For anyone who's unsuccessful in the lottery and really wants to cycle, remember that a few of the 10 designated charities will not have filled their allocated registrations yet & can still be approached.

I hope you're right. I contacted a few of the nominated charts when they were announced. Only 2 replied and took my details, they both mentioned they were swamped with enquiries and would easily fill their allocation.
    I heard no more from them but luckily was drawn in the lottery but I suspect unless someone can't take part there won't be many spaces up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I really hope they're better at organising the event than they are entry. If I got in, which I still don't bloody know one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

I got another email now for registration with access code and last date for registration is midnght 22 feb.

oh dear - when I use my code I get...

"Wrong or already used access code for Central Registration. Valid code is mandatory to book Central Registration."

• Advertisement

BailMeOut wrote: »
    oh dear - when I use my code I get...

"Wrong or already used access code for Central Registration. Valid code is mandatory to book Central Registration."

Eventmaster support resolved very quickly! I am in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

No email yet.
    powerstar wrote: »
    I got another email now for registration with access code and last date for registration is midnght 22 feb.

Do you have to pay the remainder of the minimum donation to complete registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Do you have to pay the €75 euro straight away on following the Registration Link ??

(cross-post with #283 above!)

Masala wrote: »
    Do you have to pay the €75 euro straight away on following the Registration Link ??

(cross-post with #283 above!)

yes + options to buy a jersey and donate more money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Still nothing here
    Seems there would have been far less confusion, if they just sent email to those buddy applications clarifying if that meant both got a place or not, and sent out emails in conjunction to say tough luck to those not drawn.
    Whilst I most definitely admire all those who give their time freely to run this and other events, and feel undue criticism is unfair (especially when swamped by numbers), this specific issue/confusion seems like it could have easily been avoided.
    Having said that, fair play to all involved in the organisation of the Ring. Most just sit on their arse and complain, rather that giving their time freely. Lesson learnt I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

stackerman wrote: »
    Still nothing here
    Seems there would have been far less confusion, if they just sent email to those buddy applications clarifying if that meant both got a place or not, and sent out emails in conjunction to say tough luck to those not drawn.

To be fair it is stated several times on their facebook page that both applicants are either successful or not. They confirmed same by phone yesterday. I didn't get first email but did get the code one this morning to finish registration which is what I was told might happen yesterday. The fact that we're both in probably colours my thinking a bit now because I was fairly pissed off yesterday when he had gotten email and I hadn't even though I had applied for both of us. I still haven't heard of anybody getting a refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I got mine confirmed yesterday and got code just now. I was lucky because I'm just leaving to go on holiday for 10 days and would have missed deadline. Id have been as angry as hell . has to be in by 22nd Feb!!!

I only had wave time of 7-7:30 but I'll try leaving at 6am as usual . or I may start from killorglin .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

stackerman wrote: »
    Having said that, fair play to all involved in the organisation of the Ring. Most just sit on their arse and complain, rather that giving their time freely. Lesson learnt I hope
    Me and my "buddy" still have nothing either way. Not joining in with the fair play. I thought their response to the criticism of the lottery was condescending to be honest. I thought the extension of the deadline for the lottery was disingenuous. And now the handling of the success or otherwise of applications is a complete shambles.

3 of us put in - the one on their own are in. Me and the other person put in together and haven't heard anything, so we're probably missing out on accommodation options as time ticks by, even if we do end up being successful. The one who has it confirmed is worried now that they're going to be on their own or have wasted the application money because we didn't get in.

Every criticism seems to be defended by, or turned into a back slapping exercise, about how much money "The Committee" raises for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I'm in too! Got my code and registered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Still no email for me :(

• Advertisement

ROK Website - "on Monday, 15th February 2016 the lottery winners will be emailed to let them know they’ve been successful"

dwight-the-office-false-meme-525x350.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Is no news good news?
    Nothing for 3 of our group of 4 so far, me included.
    Why they cannot send out 11000 or so emails at once is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

terrydel wrote: »
    Is no news good news?
    Nothing for 3 of our group of 4 so far, me included.
    Why they cannot send out 11000 or so emails at once is beyond me.

Its a lottery! 11,000 balls rattling around in a drum...only one comes out at a time...sure no wonder its takin ages! :P

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Its a lottery! 11,000 balls rattling around in a drum...only one comes out at a time...sure no wonder its takin ages! :P

Theyve not heard of computer programs so!!
    Culchies eh!

I suspect they're drip feeding them so everyone doesn't get the registration link at the same time and crash their system, again. They should have been able to at least send the initial in/out email to everyone yesterday morning. Two lists (prepared last week) and two emails (in or out).

The communications since yesterday have been very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The communication has been poor alright, no statements until 5pm last night when People have been waiting all day news for good or bad news

They say they were sending them out from 9am but nobody on here or Facebook look like they got one before 1pm.

I know it can be a difficult task to notify that many people but if they gave more updates it would be less frustrating for people waiting.

I just want to know one way or the other at this stage

36 hours later, no email...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

J o e wrote: »
    36 hours later, no email...

Me neither.

Me neither.
    Seems by all accounts this is a bit of a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Think its a little bit irish to be looking for people to pay for the event over 4 months in advance ....just wondering whats the interest on the 11k entry fees that they accumulate over the 4 months ....have my entry but unsure whether or not I'll use it as i think the good is taken out of it this year .....

I'd have thought it to be standard procedure. Of all the complaints to level, of which some are indeed warranted, this is not one.

Advertisement