Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle 2016 - **no entry requests/offers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Think its a little bit irish to be looking for people to pay for the event over 4 months in advance ....just wondering whats the interest on the 11k entry fees that they accumulate over the 4 months ....have my entry but unsure whether or not I'll use it as i think the good is taken out of it this year .....

With current interest rates.... Sweet f.a.

A €1m euro these days doesn't excite banks like the old says....

Also it gets the serious players booked in and the messers will be dumped in a week out to allow the other non successful players to get another chance to participate.

Had to pay the Beara in full on application... No credit offered there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Masala wrote: »

Had to pay the Beara in full on application... No credit offered there either.

Don't be silly there's no credit offered with the ROK.

The ring of beara your place was guaranteed that's why you paid in full at entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone else still waiting for any kind of email from the lottery results? Only updates on their facebook page are other punters that have heard nothing either way. And yes, I have checked my spam folder...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

out of interest, has anyone been informed yet that haven't been successful or so far have only successful candidates been informed?

Sounds like their mail server is running slower than an Post ...

jon1981 wrote: »
    out of interest, has anyone been informed yet that haven't been successful or so far have only successful candidates been informed?

On Facebook, there's people claiming to have had unsuccessful emails. It's bloody frustrating at this stage just not knowing. They haven't managed to hit their own deadlines yet in the whole process, and they don't seem to believe in letting people know whats going on. They could just put out word that there's technical issues, and say you'll know by the end of the week. They themselves put the 36 hours on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Macy0161 wrote: »
    On Facebook, there's people claiming to have had unsuccessful emails. It's bloody frustrating at this stage just not knowing. They haven't managed to hit their own deadlines yet in the whole process, and they don't seem to believe in letting people know whats going on. They could just put out word that there's technical issues, and say you'll know by the end of the week. They themselves put the 36 hours on it.

There are other possibilities..

maybe the email is in your "Junk/Spam" folder?
    maybe your Anti-virus software has blocked their email?
    maybe the email address you provided was incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

07Lapierre wrote: »

Still waiting too. Not in Junk/Spam - have checked. Not been stopped by AV - Gmail account accessed over the web. Email address correct - received confirmation that I had entered the draw.

xebec wrote: »
    Still waiting too. Not in Junk/Spam - have checked. Not been stopped by AV - Gmail account accessed over the web. Email address correct - received confirmation that I had entered the draw.

In that case, i'd pick up the phone and call them.

07Lapierre wrote: »

Sorry, not buying this. Even if mine was wrong, my buddy's isn't. And gmail is my email. The junk folder thing was pointed out yesterday morning, so yes I have been checking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The idea behind the lottery was to avoid the website issues caused by the traffic on the reg day last year.

Seems to me that they have merely moved the issue from there to a new one, but charged everyone €10 for the experience!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Its a cock up, lets call a spade and spade.
    They've made a total bollix of it, by any meaningful measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Both myself and my brother applied. Neither of us have heard anything. I'm in no particular rush as July 2nd is still a long way away. :P

I'm sure we'll have been notified by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

jon1981 wrote: »

Literally. If they'd posted acceptance letters on Monday we'd have had the by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just got the hard luck email

Just got the PFO email (not spammed or any of the other bs excuses that have been given for the delays in the mail).

At least I finally know, even if it does make me even more peed off with the extension they gave for registration. I doubt I'll ever bother entering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Boscoirl wrote: »

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joehayes999

Seems to me there is a dis-join between the organising ctte., who are primarily interested in raising funds for the charities, and the majority of cyclist who are interested in taking part in a once a year epic event. Maybe if there are people here who are good on the techie side they could volunteer to help & maybe there should be cyclist on the ctte. to get the point of view of the those taking part across.

Boscoirl wrote: »

Same here.

Would be interesting to hear how many entries they received. If they already had over the quota at the deadline, it's very bad form to extend the deadline just to grab the extra tenners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

J o e wrote: »
    Same here.

Would be interesting to hear how many entries they received. If they already had over the quota at the deadline, it's very bad form to extend the deadline just to grab the extra tenners.

Not defending in any way the ROK committee and the way they've run this years entry process, but they've been very clear in their intention and that's to grab every tenner they can...........

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Hi all just wondering of the people who applied and did not get picked, what date did you enter the lotto?

• Advertisement

What difference does extending the deadline make. The lottery system was clearly flagged, you entered on the basis that you may or may not get a place.

johnnyc wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering of the people who applied and did not get picked, what date did you enter the lotto?

14th December

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What difference does extending the deadline make. The lottery system was clearly flagged, you entered on the basis that you may or may not get a place.
    Depends how many entries came in after the deadline. It might not have been over subscribed at the end of the posted (for months) deadline, so it could potentially be the difference between getting in and not.

My sympathies to anyone who didn't get an entry. I really thought everyone would get a place, especially when they announced the extension to the deadline.( I assumed the extension was because they did not get the expected number of entries)

Anyone know how many took part last year? Was it more than 11,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

21st December.

I hate to be a cynic but I am doubtful of how 'random' the selection of participants was.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Exiled1

Got a place and registered. Considering the trauma trying to register last year, this is a doddle (only you got a place, of course).

My "buddy" did the entry so I don't have the receipt, but it was before Christmas anyway. From memory it was a couple of days after it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Got the "Thanks but no thanks" email today. Bummed as my two mates who applied jointly, after I convinced them to do it, got places.
    Whilst I understand the reasoning behind the lotto system, it really is feck all use to clubs, or groups of mates etc.
    Needless to say I'll bite the hand off of anyone who may have one going, should they decide not to go or can't.

Depends how many entries came in after the deadline. It might not have been over subscribed at the end of the posted (for months) deadline, so it could potentially be the difference between getting in and not.

No, I understand that by extending the deadline they may well have increased the total number of entries and thus decreased the changes of 'winning'.

But, you entered the lottery on the basis that you might not get in based on oversubscription. It appears exactly what has happened and as such the movement of the deadline isn't of any importance really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

link_2007 wrote: »
    21st December.

I hate to be a cynic but I am doubtful of how 'random' the selection of participants was.

No spot for me, I entered on December 14th. My buddy based in London got a spot, he registered either same or next day.

Advertisement