Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tents on Condell Road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Last week there was an occupied tent in the national tech park in Plassey for a few days, local businesses got the guards to move them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

This tent is located just beyond Baringtons Pier on the river side.I saw it first at Christmas and still there last weekend. 26296348802_6cf2c7bd16_b.jpg20160312_081448 by washburn2157, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I have noticed it a few times as the path is on my jogging route. I have never seen anybody around the tents though.

2 poor souls were in sleeping bags outside Jack Mondays new coffee shop at Arthur's Quay Park on Sunday morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just after the footpath by the pier theres a mud path you can walk onto the riverbank saw a tent there 2 years and again last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Tent in Westfields park was burnt last night. Hope it was an accident and not malicious. There was burnt papers and bedding... Poor guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Are these not to do with fishing? Passed over the bridge the other night and there were 10+ lads casting off the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Kenny B wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where would a camper stay in limerick?, I can't think of any sites other than pitching up in public places like this.

Nearest campsite to Limerick city is in Castleconnell.

Not a popular leisure pursuit in this country with the unpredictable climate. They are everywhere on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

topper75 wrote: »
    Nearest campsite to Limerick city is in Castleconnell.

Not a popular leisure pursuit in this country with the unpredictable climate. They are everywhere on the continent.

There's one in Bunratty also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Curragh Chase also

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

I know a decent amount about homeless service providers in the city and I can safely say you'd have to be acting the right prick to get thrown out of McGarry House. It's a low threshold facility, meaning substance abuse is tolerated, so if you're managing to piss off enough people to get evicted from the place, you must be a troublemaker.

Update on tent at Barrington Pier,looks like its un-used. 27007060025_2fa693c005_z.jpgDSC_4723 by washburn2157, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Hopefully the owner is doing alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How near the pier is it?

Heading towards clonmacken there is a pole on left hand side with a large amount of rubble [soon to be road access for housing] climb up rubble and tent is straight ahead looking towards river.

Advertisement