Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using own name to register a business

Options
  • 12-07-2015 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am in the process of registering a business, and I am wondering whether to register it using my own name as the business name, or what the pros and cons of doing so would be?

I will be trading alone, there are no partners in the business and I am intending to trade items I produce myself.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

a name that also suggests the business type is always more useful. Joe Bloggs Art is more useful than Joe Bloggs & Co etc. There is no real downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Never use your own name for a business

If you go bust and end up in the Stubbs gazette etc your name is going to be plastered everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

As a sole trader, if you go bust, it is you personally who goes bust, not a business name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Look HERE

Advertisement