Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tipperary v Waterford, Munster final, 4pm, RTÉ 2

• 12-07-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Should be a cracking match.

Can't make my mind up who I want to lose more :D.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Some apes roaring away during the minutes silence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Some apes roaring away during the minutes silence

Always will be a few idiots, the majority were, as you'd expect, quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

waterford look very nervous early on , i hope for there sake this is'nt going to turn out to be another one of them days where they fail to turn up on the big occasion although it still is very early yet

Padraic Maher is cleaning up, he's killing Waterford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Why was Anthony Daly wearing a sporting Limerick top before the game ? He flashed up on screen for a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dirty flick of the hurl there from John O'Dwyer.

waterford look very nervous early on , i hope for there sake this is'nt going to turn out to be another one of them days where they fail to turn up on the big occasion although it still is very early yet

Interesting to see because when I suggested that we had to wait until later in the summer to judge Waterford, because of their liability to crack on the big day, I was vehemently told by Waterford fans that this Waterford team doesn't do pressure.

Why was Anthony Daly wearing a sporting Limerick top before the game ? He flashed up on screen for a few seconds.

he is involved with the limerick minor team this year as a selector

I wondered the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I think he's involved with the Limerick minors who were playing before the senior match

• Advertisement

Waterford's last few points are coming from Tipp's mistakes at the back.

Tipp suddenly look in a bit of trouble at the back.

Waterford have only won 5 out of 12 of their own puck outs, that's very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Daly is involved with youth development in limerick now. Also think he's helping with training the seniors. Not sure how true that is though.

Wish I was at the game instead of listening to Marty. Painful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

All level now 0-9 0-9 heading into half time. Interesting game !

Breen #4 playing corner-forward for Tipp :confused:

That was scandalous from Austin Gleeson. Should be red.

Good match so far. Waterford starting to do well at the back, particularly De Búrca and Gleeson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Very Bored wrote: »
    Padraic Maher is cleaning up, he's killing Waterford.

Not cleaning up much now.

He is killing Tipp.

Waterford have done very well defensively, I don't think Tipp have had any goal chances. If Waterford can prevent Tipp from scoring any goals in the second half, it'll go along way in helping them to win this match.

• Advertisement

Not cleaning up much now.

He is killing Tipp.

Like two completely different players in the first and second period of the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

After a difficult opening we've come to terms with it. Dominating and some fine performances from Brick, Moran, Jake Dillon, Bourke and Barron towards the end of the second half.

Serious intensity in this game, the bench will be important.

moran has been outstanding so far

offical attendance is just over 43000 ? taught it was a sell out surly that should be 53000

The wide count from both sides is starting to rack up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

As a neutral, it's a cracking match.

Waterford shooting isn't all that great to be honest.

Waterford need a goal.

Uncle Ben wrote: »

Apart from all the wides.... and the lack of goal chances...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Callinan will never play as poorly again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Uncle Ben wrote: »

I think it's a bit disappointing, tbh.

Tipperary's attack has simply been much better. The absolute void of goal chances will be worrying for both teams though, likewise the wide count. Very good competitive fare though the quality could have been higher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Munster winner for the last few years has always played terribly in Semi Final, wonder can Tipp break that trend in a few weeks.

Quarter Finals

Cork v Galway
    Dublin v Waterford

I imagine the All Ireland semis will be Kilkenny v Waterford and Tipperary v Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quarter Finals

Cork v Galway
    Dublin v Waterford

I imagine the All Ireland semis will be Kilkenny v Waterford and Tipperary v Galway.

Cork and Galway is very hard to call. Hard to know how good each side is. People forget cork were Munster champions last year and seconds away from winning an all Ireland the year before.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Cork and Galway is very hard to call. Hard to know how good each side is. People forget cork were Munster champions last year and seconds away from winning an all Ireland the year before.

Cork were wicked poor yesterday, Galway didn't play all that badly against Kilkenny despite the scoreline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Quarter Finals

Cork v Galway
    Dublin v Waterford

That's it

Fair play like me you huge doubts v waterford and we got unfairly critsed by waterford fans just having opinion

Some will hopefully be less against other views going forward when today showed waterford greatly over hypes and ist real test tippeary won imo in second gear as tippeary still not motoring well

With out free Watford trouble as cantwell correctly asked McGrath in the interview
    I said this all year waterford just defence team huge problem attacking wise

It's easier solve defence than attacking problems and waterford won't improve attack beat resilent kk defence

What a stupid question that interviewer asked Derek McGrath. "Do you need to get more of your forwards on the scoreboard?" Nooooooo, what we need to do is get less on it to be honest.

facepalm.gif

That's it

Fair play like me you huge doubts v waterford and we got unfairly critsed by waterford fans just having opinion

Some will hopefully be less against other views going forward when today showed waterford greatly over hypes and ist real test tippeary won imo in second gear as tippeary still not motoring well

With out free Watford trouble as cantwell correctly asked McGrath in the interview

It's easier solve defence than attacking problems and waterford won't improve attack beat resilent kk defence

The Italians have an expression which comes to mind when thinking about Waterford... "tanto fumo, niente arrosto"... a lot of smoke, but no roast...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It wasn't the shootout some were expecting, Tipp grinded it out in the end and showed good fight.

• Advertisement

The Italians have an expression which comes to mind when thinking about Waterford... "tanto fumo, niente arrosto"... a lot of smoke, but no roast...

i think too much was made of the league meeting between the two sides , this is a far higher level , and playing against one of the top top sides you have to up the anti which they never did

like kilkenny last week for most of the second half today tipp kept waterford at an arms length with a 3 to 4 point lead waterford still need to find another couple of gears to challenge for all irelands because there is more to tipp then this too

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

That's it

I would say the Tipp players would disagree with you in regards that they were playing in second gear today. You don't put the effort into training etc all year to come out on Munster final day and play in second gear. Tipp were the better team no doubt Waterford seriously need to be more clinical. As i said before this is a steep learning curve this year for Waterford and i hope they learn from this.

Brilliant atmosphere in Thurles today but a poor game for the neutral and/or the purist. Alot of bunching around the middle and rucking for ball in parts. I think if Kilkenny met us today they put us away easily tbh. We won moreso because of wasteful Waterford shooting rather than our own brilliance although we worked very hard

It wasn't the shootout some were expecting, Tipp grinded it out in the end and showed good fight.

It was never going to be a shootout with 'the system' in place. Seamie Callanan was practically redundant.

The Munster winner for the last few years has always played terribly in Semi Final, wonder can Tipp break that trend in a few weeks.

Since we beat Limerick by 19 points or so in 2009 for sure.

in 2010 we beat Waterford by 7 (they were Munster champions)
    in 2011 we barely scraped past a plucky Dublin side
    2012 is best forgotten as 'farce gate'
    2013 Limerick never showed up v Clare (the weight was too much on the young shoulders of Hannon in particular)
    2014 Cork were stuck to the ground

2015, i think personally we have the experience and cuteness to get through. Out of the 3 potential opponents id say Cork are the ones who could trouble us the most. Galway troubled us twelve months ago but i personally would have no fear of them and the Dubs who are unrecognisable these times.

blackcard wrote: »
    Callinan will never play as poorly again

I noticed his touch was off today by a good bit. Now to be fair he was crowded and i felt his teammates could have spread out more to help him out rather than being bunched in front of him.

Since we beat Limerick by 19 points or so in 2009 for sure.

in 2010 we beat Waterford by 7 (they were Munster champions)
    in 2011 we barely scraped past a plucky Dublin side
    2012 is best forgotten as 'farce gate'
    2013 Limerick never showed up v Clare (the weight was too much on the young shoulders of Hannon in particular)
    2014 Cork were stuck to the ground

2015, i think personally we have the experience and cuteness to get through. Out of the 3 potential opponents id say Cork are the ones who could trouble us the most. Galway troubled us twelve months ago but i personally would have no fear of them and the Dubs who are unrecognisable these times.

is wining it a poison chalice though? if i am not mistaking are cork the only other team to win an all ireland after wining a munster since the back door system as in existence now was introduced in 2002 , maybe just a coincident though ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

is wining it a poison chalice though? if i am not mistaking are cork the only other team to win an all ireland after wining a munster since the back door system as in existence now was introduced in 2002 , maybe just a coincident though ,

Winning Leinster then has the opposite affect...

No question the 5 week break has some sort of impact. However, if your good enough it wont hamper you in my opinion. We negotiated a 9 week gap against Limerick recently for example. The gas thing is our touch was sublime against Limerick but awry today. For me, Tipp needed to win Munster and needed to win today. Lose today and there would have been some amount of question marks.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Winning Leinster then has the opposite affect...

Exactly. All about cuteness and experience. People forget we got through the 2009 (handily) and 2011 (albeit barely in 11) semis after winning Munster. In 2012 of course we met Kilkenny and we adopted those farcial tactics on the day with no plan B, In 2008, we were inexperienced against a seasoned Waterford team.

I think we'll have too much for either Galway or Cork in the semi and thats no disrespect to those counties. We have an abundance of experience against the finest side to play the game. Waterford v Kilkenny could be an intriguing semi final (and i expect it to come to fruition with no disrespect to Dublin). Id fancy Kilkenny to have too much firepower but it could be interesting. Waterford would die for Derek Mcgrath and given the issues they have had previously with managers, that can only be a good thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement