Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigapixels of Andromeda [4K]

Options
  • 12-07-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My God ... absolutely stunning ..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

we really are a tiny sand grain in an infinite Sahara

Thanks a lot for sharing

Here's another one by the same lad ... equally as stunning ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I could be wrong but i understood that no human built' telescope can see the inside of the Andromeda Galaxy !?

rolion wrote: »
    I could be wrong but i understood that no human built' telescope can see the inside of the Andromeda Galaxy !?

Sure can with Hubble ... the VLT array can get pretty good looks into other galaxies too - allthough with radio waves ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Just one of a billion [or more, who knows?] galaxies...and here I am worrying about my sore feet.........

tac, humbled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

tac foley wrote: »
    Just one of a billion [or more, who knows?] galaxies...and here I am worrying about my sore feet.........

tac, humbled

100-200 billion galaxies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'kay. A hundred, maybe TWO hundred billion galaxies.

It makes no difference to me.

It's hard enough coming to terms with the scale of the one that WE live in - smaller than the Andromeda Galaxy.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

100-200 billion galaxies

I take it that's just in the observable universe too, so there's likely many more?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Myrddin wrote: »
    I take it that's just in the observable universe too, so there's likely many more?

Yeah but they're not really relevant since they might as well not exist at all being on the other side of the cosmological horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Remember Andromeda is coming to get us .... but not for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement