Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income Protection Claim Declined

• 12-07-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Moderators please advise if posted in the wrong section

Looking for some help or advise. I was recently retired by my organisation on ill health grounds, I have coronary problem and some other health issues. I have/had a private Income Protection Plan for many, many years with a big Irish insurance company. December of last year I claimed on the policy as I was out of work. I was interviewed, tested and assessed over seven months by my IPP Company to be, eventually, told that they were declining my claim. Five months in to claim the Company decided to make an ex gratia payment, without accepting liability, as the decision was taking so long. It took two months to get the actual payment, but that’s another story!! I have now decided to appeal their (The Company’s) decision. I have been able to acquire all their medical reports through my GP, that would be their consultant and occupational health doctor reports. They make interesting reading, especially the report form the occupational health doctor. She, the OH doctor, makes a reference to guidelines,without stating them, to support her report, but blatantly contradicts the actual guidelines! I am returning to my cardiac consultant in the next week to organise another medical report. I really am not sure of the best approach to carry out this appeal…. any help or advise would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

What was the reason for the decline?

Make a complaint to their complaints department and provide the supporting documentation to refute the reason for the decline. If they don't overturn the decline then go to the financial services ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks for the advise Bee06

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Sent you PM

Advertisement