Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an orange or lemon tree

Options
  • 12-07-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We want to display the table plan for our wedding by hanging the tables cards off a fairly small sized fruit tree.

I called a garden centre and they mentioned that it would be September before they get more from Irish growers but other places probably import them, even some supermarkets.

I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea of where i could obtain one ?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I've never came across an Irish lemon grower! They are almost all imported via Dutch suppliers, and are available almost all year round.

Where are you based?

Edit: Actually here you go!

http://www.johnstowngardencentre.ie/p/lemon-tree/citrus_lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

If you're anywhere near Naas then you can borrow mine if you like.

It's not huge and you're welcome to get someone to prune it to your liking. There is no fruit on it however as it only a single plant - not sure if you wanted fruit on it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

I found a citrus tree in a florist on Camden Street so happy enough with that.

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement