Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocket League

• 12-07-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

anyone getting it?
    cross platform for ps4 and pc
    was looking at a few streams of it, and it sold me,
    its actually genuinely fun to play.

if you want someone to team up with feel free to add me,
    br4tpr1nc3 on steam

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah got about 10 hours into it already. Amazingly fun game. I normally play with 2/3 other PC users and thrash the other team most of the time.

Steam username: suicidalsid/cherryghost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Very tempted. Will see later this evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

bought it but not getting any connection to servers :\

Think they're having issues atm. I'll try again later or tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Servers are currently down.

Had no issues over the weekend myself but long story short the response to the game was so overwhelming they couldn't meet demand last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

it is a very fun game!
    its a good change from how serious cs can get when playing competetive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Is it really worth €20 though?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yes
    Great answer. So what do you get for your €20 besides a basic multiplayer ball game?

Great answer. So what do you get for your €20 besides a basic multiplayer ball game?

:P

Season mode (career), split screen local/online multiplayer, HATS for your cars, cross-platform mode with PS4 users, free upcoming DLC including more maps/modes.

I've played the original and love it to death, this is much more polished and refined. I spent my evenings saying '1 more game' only to realize its 3 in the morning. Doesn't hurt the fact that I'm amazing at the game anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

For €20 on launch what more do you want? I've had it a week (if even), and it has to be one of the best €20s I have spent on a game in a long time.

I think you are selling it a bit short calling it a "basic multiplayer ball game", it's much deeper than it appears, there is a huge skill ceiling.

My steam name is witnessmenow if anyone wants to add me

Edit: the only thing I would say about cherry's list is the crossplay doesn't really work (or at least not how I would expect), you can happen to be in the same server as PS4 players, but you cant play with/against specific people from ps4. Apparently its in the works though

• Advertisement

For €20 on launch what more do you want? I've had it a week (if even), and it has to be one of the best €20s I have spent on a game in a long time.

I think you are selling it a bit short calling it a "basic multiplayer ball game", it's much deeper than it appears, there is a huge skill ceiling.

My steam name is witnessmenow if anyone wants to add me

Edit: the only thing I would say about cherry's list is the crossplay doesn't really work (or at least not how I would expect), you can happen to be in the same server as PS4 players, but you cant play with/against specific people from ps4. Apparently its in the works though

yet!
    they did says its high on their priority list to get cross platforms parties working,
    they need to get help from both sony and steam

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Added a few of ye there now! Played the original but this is far more polished and looks great imo!

Completed my first league and lost the playoff final in overtime! :(

Time to dip my toes into online now (if the servers are up!!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I bought it yesterday after finding this thread. After 2 hours I had to go to bed but considered getting up at 1 to give it another 3 minutes.

Highly addictive and very, very fun.

I could do with someone telling me how to better judge the fall of the ball. I keep on overshooting it and missing my jumps.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    yet!
    they did says its high on their priority list to get cross platforms parties working,
    they need to get help from both sony and steam

Well I did say it was "in the works" :pac:

I don't think they do need help for sony and steam, I posted an idea on their subreddit that they should use a unique room code for parties (which would be platform independant) and it sounds like they already had plans to go down that route

Link

A review that sums up my feelings on the game : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/rocket-league-review

p.s. shouldn't this thread be in the General Gaming forum as for once it's an actual cross-platform game ???

Has anyone managed to play online yet? The last 2 nights I've tried the servers have been down. I'm usually on around 8 or 9.

ive been able to get a few games in,
    sometimes it can take a while to get in,
    try setting the regions to europe and us east

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Playstation plus = free:p

Has anyone managed to play online yet? The last 2 nights I've tried the servers have been down. I'm usually on around 8 or 9.

I've played for 2+ hours over the past 2 days. Generally in the evening and always selecting US servers but generally finding myself on European servers.

I was playing last night fine, but was running into issues the night before ok.

• Advertisement

Got in 2 online games last night! So much fun!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Downloading atm if anyone about

Anyone fancy setting up a team for a EU tournament???

I've added a few of ye already, anyone interested add me.

Edit: Sign ups closed! :( Maybe next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Thinking about buying this - Anyone up for a few games ?

2 epic saves in the one match last night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 epic saves in the one match last night :D

Anyone fancy a few games? Add sendmorecops on steam. Totally addicted to thus game.

I will be on later, has anyone figured out how to play vs PS4 players that you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heard this was free for PSN+ members, so might give it a spin on PS4 first before buying on Pc.

Does look fun, but not sure about the replay value and if I'd be arsed after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

TheDoc wrote: »
    Heard this was free for PSN+ members, so might give it a spin on PS4 first before buying on Pc.

Does look fun, but not sure about the replay value and if I'd be arsed after a few hours.

It's very addictive and frustrating at times.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I will be on later, has anyone figured out how to play vs PS4 players that you know?

I don't think that it's available yet.

11731772_925115374194583_8323176206444756110_o.jpg

All out attack :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I scored my very first ever Aerial Goal! This is from my friends perspective as he saved it in Shadowplay, but you can see the replay form my perspective! Soooo happy, I love this game and a good few of my BF4 clan have stopped playing that and are playing this as its such fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539URvyiKb4&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

anybody up for a few games?? so far the last few nights ive only been playing against PSN players :(

Mad-Ma84

CraigM84 wrote: »
    anybody up for a few games?? so far the last few nights ive only been playing against PSN players :(

Mad-Ma84

Added ya now, I'll only be on for a few more mins though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=53&v=zdVmqssa5v4

If you think you are good, have a look at that.

1 second :D

11728910_927402050632582_7993940124645239949_o.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in entering a team in a tournament?

I won't be able to play tomorrow but would be up for the trebles tourney on Sunday if anyone is about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Managed to hit the ball mid air for the first time over the weekend

To say i felt like a Rocket League god was an understatement. :D

ill be floating around later on after 8 if anyone is around for few games?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I feel like I'm starting to get to grips with this game now. Judging the drop of the ball vs when to accelerate and jump-flip is harder than it looks, but so satisfying when you get it. I've been hanging back on defence in 3v3s and letting the more experienced players handle goal duties, but more than once I've seen an opening and have turned it into a decent goal. Gods damnit if this isn't the most fun non-fps multiplayer game I've ever indulged in :D I love it!

Quite an addictive game alright, best is 3v3 when 3 pc against 3 psn :) had a great match the other night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Who is SPYDER-IRL? I had some fun games against him there and he said he was on boards.ie when I asked in chat.

Who is SPYDER-IRL? I had some fun games against him there and he said he was on boards.ie when I asked in chat.

spyder238 ?

A goal down with 2 seconds to go I managed to wake up and score the equaliser along with the winner. My best game of the week.

t83NDzah.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Instantly spent the €4 on the DLC when I saw it was out this evening cause I love this game and I want the developers to have flash cars and houses, or at the very least, a comfy life.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Instantly spent the €4 on the DLC when I saw it was out this evening cause I love this game and I want the developers to have flash cars and houses, or at the very least, a comfy life.

Same picked the muscle car for a few games then went back to my normal car.

has anyone else got the 5v5 bug?

Its a bug that makes 2 bots join the game, its insane. It would be brilliant with a bigger pitch.

92EC00F23F807FEA4DDE0FBD82FD255C9DA9D0FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its odd when other people post pictures and you can see your Steam friends playing it :D

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its odd when other people post pictures and you can see your Steam friends playing it :D

You're right! I just spotted that I don't have kdjac added to Steam friends.

Ponster wrote: »
    You're right! I just spotted that I don't have kdjac added to Steam friends.

hahahah never noticed that :o

For some reason always assumed you were offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

SpyderIRL on steam if you want to add me along with anyone else that plays. Can't believe how addictive this game is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'd be up for some games, ThereIsNoBall on steam add me, I havent played with anyone consistently yet just randomers not sure how it works

• Advertisement
Advertisement