Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocket League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

sent requests to spyder madma and kdjac. Kdjac, you use to play old pro ev online on PC? Think I remember playin ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

sent requests to spyder madma and kdjac. Kdjac, you use to play old pro ev online on PC? Think I remember playin ye

Im trying to add you, are you from mayo?

No maybe other people with that name. Changed it to ChrisC69, from Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

This was just too good not to upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This was just too good not to upload

Very nice! But no Ball Cam??? :eek:

Falthyron wrote: »
    Very nice! But no Ball Cam??? :eek:

Nah I been playing since Supersonic days and never used the camera... I always try to judge where ball will go instead, the ball cam messes with my head don't know how people use it I keep hitting the ball completely wrong if I use ball cam..

The guys I was playing where streaming on Twitch, they quit after the game lol

Had a few games with Call Me Jimmy aka Chris69 last night with 2 of my clan mates. Safe to say he was way better than all of us which was great when he was on my side!

Yea good fun. I've had no life recently so rocket league has filled the void! The game puts manners on ye though it's so easy to completely mistime something.

Be good to get a 3v3 going too if we get enough people. I played with Mad Ma once before he might be up for it.

Anyway giz a shout any time coz chances are I'll wanna play

Yea good fun. I've had no life recently so rocket league has filled the void! The game puts manners on ye though it's so easy to completely mistime something.

Be good to get a 3v3 going too if we get enough people. I played with Mad Ma once before he might be up for it.

You need to get yourself a headset, even the cheap €5 ones will do and I will send you our clans Teamspeak details. Its much more fun when we are hurling abuse at each other! Thats if you can tolerate their accents, theyre mainly English, thankfully I have wonderful Scottish tones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

i would be up for few games alright, been playing a bit in the mornings as working nights til the weekend, be around after sunday though

anyone up for few games this tonight? be around til about 12ish if anyone is up for few games

mad-ma84

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

CraigM84 wrote: »
    anyone up for few games this tonight? be around til about 12ish if anyone is up for few games

mad-ma84

grim is playing as I type

who's grim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This game is so much fun. Sometimes I'm in the zone, other times I'm missing everything. The game is probably more fun when the latter is happening. Scored my very first aerial goal on Friday. It was actually an own goal but the game told me I'd made my first aerial hit and awarded me points. :cool:

Biggest gripe I have is people who quit. The amount of people who quit for the most bizarre reasons is baffling. Even more annoying are the people who constantly take every game seriously. They're like that person at the sports club who's rubbish at a given sport but instead of helping his newbie teammate(s) learn he just insults them and gives out to them.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Biggest gripe I have is people who quit.

We were 5-0 down after 1 minute when the 2 others decided to bugger off.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/615095545780171799/AE23A71A1CA99227F749786E213DB8F8F18C6824/

Worse are the asses who play for the other team when they're losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ponster wrote: »

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/615095545780171799/AE23A71A1CA99227F749786E213DB8F8F18C6824/

Worse are the asses who play for the other team when they're losing.

I think I got to 11-4 or something when two other people buggered off! It was 5-1 when they left!

I was losing 3-1 today and they left (both of them!) - I got it back to 4-3 before it ended 6-3 which wasn't too bad considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Had this yesterday myself once we went 0-2 after about 30 seconds. I decided to hang around. Lost 2-7. I mostly just took the mick trying out aerial hits and demo-ing the 3 lads I was against. Actually had fun that match.

Overall yesterday was a complete stinker for me. Every game seemed to just have people with no clue. Last man back going for the ball at kickoff. People ignoring the ball at kick off to get boosts. Couldn't tell you the amount of aerial saves I had to do right at the start yesterday.
    People who feel they have to constantly be in charge of the ball. Actually had a teammate try to bump me off the ball as I was going forward to score. :confused:

Tactics wen't right out the window for most :P

I don't get how people don't understand last man back, or one person going for the ball and another one hanging back to see where it goes. Lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't get how people don't understand last man back, or one person going for the ball and another one hanging back to see where it goes. Lunacy.

Because that's logical and most of them are morons.

I particularly hate in 2v2 when it starts with one car clearly in front of the other near the goal line. The car at the back should not go for the kick off, they will never get to the ball.

• Advertisement

Yea I'm back in a crappy phase. It goes in cycles. A couple of days ago I won ~95% of my games and then between me playing poorly and teammate craziness I've been losing a lot more.

One tactic that is beginning to annoy me is is ultra defensive players on standard. Played a couple games where it was 2 people in nets almost at all times and sometimes even 3. I understand this happens naturally at times throughout a game, but it seemed like a tactic. Break them down easily enough you say, couple of aerials? Not so easy when your not mic'd up and playing with randomers. If the defense are halfway decent you need 3 really good players imo.

That defensive tactic seems to be coming more and more popular. It's effective against unorganized teams All 3 guys defend the center zone then two burst forward on the counter attack with the third hovering a third to half way as cover. Then depending on success of attack one player provides obstruction while the other two shuffle back to defence. Re group and try set up another counter attack.

It's fun to play against when you've a coordinated team. Horrible when you have nothing but persistent ball chasers.

That defensive tactic seems to be coming more and more popular.

I was lucky yesterday to be paired with 2 others who played this way (and seemed to be playing together on Skype or something). We stuck together for 8 matches, winning 6, and I scored 10 times.

Today I play 5 matches, lose all of them and score nothing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Pretty much everyone i play with now doesn't seem to get this. Bugs the **** out of me when im stuck back doing most of the defending. On the plus side i've gotten better at making saves.

I got kicked and a temp ban for being idle! I was defending! I parked on the boost generator to get my boost up to 100, and was kicked with 15 seconds of the game starting. That's a bit harsh!

This whole 2v2 ranked thing is a bit of a joke, playing against parties gives them a massive advantage... Ranking system is annoying as hell, everyone should have begun on the same ranking and then progressed from there...

I don't get it, some people are ranked "pros", "veterans", "expert" etc. Yet somehow they still all follow the fcking ball! Weirder still is the guy who clearly can see there's an open
    goal and player A has the best angle, player B's angle will most likely lead to the ball flying backwards in the direction of his own goal. Yet player B always fcking tries to play the ball and ends up playing a decent center on his own goal. Just. Leave. It.

Worse still is guy who makes saves harder than they should be by not letting the car in the best position to make the save, save and launch a dangerous counter. Instead said guy gets a slight flick on the ball, leaving the "goalie" left scrambling. At which point flicky starts spamming "What a save!" and the goalie inexplicably says "sorry" and uses the team chat to apologise for such a "fail". Jesus! Even the rocket league equivalent of Manuel Neuer would have struggled to reposition himself with the wicked deflection flicky caused. Even if it did slowly float into the goal.

I don't get it, some people are ranked "pros", "veterans", "expert" etc. Yet somehow they still all follow the fcking ball! Weirder still is the guy who clearly can see there's an open
    goal and player A has the best angle, player B's angle will most likely lead to the ball flying backwards in the direction of his own goal. Yet player B always fcking tries to play the ball and ends up playing a decent center on his own goal. Just. Leave. It.

Worse still is guy who makes saves harder than they should be by not letting the car in the best position to make the save, save and launch a dangerous counter. Instead said guy gets a slight flick on the ball, leaving the "goalie" left scrambling. At which point flicky starts spamming "What a save!" and the goalie inexplicably says "sorry" and uses the team chat to apologise for such a "fail". Jesus! Even the rocket league equivalent of Manuel Neuer would have struggled to reposition himself with the wicked deflection flicky caused. Even if it did slowly float into the goal.

The ranks are based solely on playtime. The more you play, the higher up you go in rank. I am level 20 which, according to the game, qualifies me as 'Pro', but I am most definitely not. I have seen other Pros hitting all sorts of crazy air-shots that I could only dream of making.

Just scored this goal, one of my best shots yet...

Falthyron wrote: »
    The ranks are based solely on playtime. The more you play, the higher up you go in rank. I am level 20 which, according to the game, qualifies me as 'Pro', but I am most definitely not. I have seen other Pros hitting all sorts of crazy air-shots that I could only dream of making.

That's my point, these guys must have put in several hours into the game and they still haven't copped that everyone chasing the ball is a bad idea!!?:confused:

• Advertisement

That's my point, these guys must have put in several hours into the game and they still haven't copped that everyone chasing the ball is a bad idea!!?:confused:

A lack of learning, methinks. I was doing a Heist setup mission in GTA Online yesterday with a guy who was rank 668 and he couldn't even drive properly. Some people just put a lot of time into a game, (probably) stubbornly going about things as they want and not really learning or improving. There is also the whole team aspect - some people are not team players. They play to get their own personal enjoyment and don't really care or think about people on their team.

I really wish a universal social system was introduced to platforms like Steam/PS/Xbox live. After every match a player is asked: "Would you like to play with this person again?" and you simply select yes or no for each person you played with/against. If you say yes, they go in a pool where you can meet them again. And if you say no, they go in another pool and you never see them again.

Servers (particularly MMOs) are operating something similar whereby if you abuse people, get reported, cheat, etc, you are put on a server with other like-minded people.

Me and my mate randomly came up against ChrisC69 in a 2v2 ranked match. Awesome fun!

I cannot wait to buy the Delorean today and watch those little wheels fold up as it goes airborne!

Everyone is going to have the Delorean :D

:D already got it, great to come home from work and it's just after being released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone experiencing lag issues with this game over the past few days?

Yea recently enough in the last maybe 2 weeks noticed more lag intermittently. havent play in a few days though

Glad it's not just me. My connection is fine but have times where I'm jumping across the screen.

If anyone has videos of themselves they'd like to share, please do! I love looking at RL highlights. :D

Posted this in the PS4 thread. Scored these two goals yesterday! :D

i know digging this thread up again :)

anyone be up for couple games of 2v2 or 3v3 later on this evening 6pm Irish time, give me a shout

Steam : mad_ma84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Rocket League soundtrack will come to vinyl, you can pre-order it now on iam8bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Absolute noob at this. Picked it up a few days ago. Would love to play some boardsies. Anyone still play?

will probably be playing later on tonight, have been away mostly for couple weeks, am guessing will be rusty :p

CraigM84 wrote: »
    will probably be playing later on tonight, have been away mostly for couple weeks, am guessing will be rusty :p

I'll be on myself, steam name "Honeymnstr" ;)

ill be on in about 45 mins or so if anyone is up for few games, couldnt find ya on steam Honey Monster.

me on steam : mad_ma84

I was on from about 6-9.... Then I got the call for booze so another night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

I have sunk in 50 hours to the game and i play with a steam controller. Its so easy go bind the keys you want for it

I have 345 hours clocked up on it but these day stick to the hockey game only in case some folk were wondering why I no longer play with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

I have 345 hours clocked up on it but these day stick to the hockey game only in case some folk were wondering why I no longer play with them :)

The hockey game mode is the best one avaliable. Unlike hoops that no body likes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

update.....and now we have micro transactions, just beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

update.....and now we have micro transactions, just beautiful

Not really a big deal as it's just car accessories, and you can turn off notifications of crate drops in the options if it's not something you care about. It's just like weapon skins in CSGO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement