Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed on some cats that need a home

• 12-07-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am looking for advice. I have a female cat in my back garden. She has four kittens and she sleeps with them under my shed.The mother doesn't act like a wild cat. She is friendly and will allow us to come close to her kittens without showing any aggresion. I am sure both her and the kittens would make good pets for somebody adopting them. I don't want to send them anywhere where they would be just put down. Do you know of anyone who can help in this situation ? I need to act quickly as the neighbours have spotted them and they don't want them around. They are lovely cats and I think they deserve a chance in life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You're best option would be to contact any Animal Rescues in your area and ask if they can help. Without knowing what county you are in I couldn't suggest anyone. Are you feeding them? If not it would be really great if you could feed them and put some fresh drinking water out for them, it'll make the mums life much easier and if you can handle the kittens and get them used to human contact it would make them easier to rehome. Is it likely that the neighbours would hurt them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hallgate

Thanks for your advice. I'm in South County Dublin. I am feeding them and giving them fresh water. They are being well looked after and are in good healthy condition. They are getting more comfortable with us by the day. The neighbours wouldn't hurt them but I am just worried that they would ring some sort of warden or pound that would put them down. They deserve better than that, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

hallgate wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice. I'm in South County Dublin. I am feeding them and giving them fresh water. They are being well looked after and are in good healthy condition. They are getting more comfortable with us by the day. The neighbours wouldn't hurt them but I am just worried that they would ring some sort of warden or pound that would put them down. They deserve better than that, I think.

If you say that they are yours and they are well looked after then no warden will take them away. I'm in Clare but I'm sure other posters in your area will have some ideas on rescues. <snip> springs to mind, the problem is that it's Kitten Season and most rescues are swamped. You could try to rehome them yourself. It's great that you're looking after them so well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I had a similar issue back in December. A cat with 3 kittens was on the streets by my apartment.

I contacted various animal charities but so close to xmas none would take them, but the big cat charity agreed to take them mid January so I basically asked everyone I knew and on Facebook etc to help and foster the kittens until mid Jan. A kind soul agreed to and 2 went off with her, a kind neighbour took another one in and meanwhile we took Momma cat for neutering and then we kept her indoors for 10 days (every intention of doing TNR) and now she is our little princess :)

In the meantime the kittens wormed their way into their fosterers hearts and they all ended up adopted too.

So - ask around! If you can find people to foster them, then the cat charities will be able to advertise them to be rehomed - and the fosterers might fall in love in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Take loads of really cute pictures of the kittens and throw them up on your facebook, you may find it hard to rehome the mom cat and she is likely pregnant again too maybe it would be wise to get her nuetered now, plenty vets would do it for u for under 90 euros,

• Advertisement
Advertisement