Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding anonymously on property via solicitor?

Options
  • 12-07-2015 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why does the EA rudeness matter? If you want to make a bid for the property then do so. By all means bid using a solicitor if you wish but why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

You don't need to justify yourself. If you want an intermediary such as a solicitor to place your bid for you, you can simply do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Archaeoliz

He can't rip up an email. Copy in your solicitor perhaps so there's a witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you considered that his brief, from the owner not the bank, may be to ensure that there are no written offers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Why do people assume that other offers are bogus if the property goes up in price? It's as if only one person is allowed to be interested in each property. Op, EAs/sellers often reduce prices to stimulate interest, when more than one person starts the bidding process, the price often goes above the original price, what do you find irregular about this situation?

By all means use a solicitor, but you will pay for the pleasure even if you are not the successful bidder, he/she won't provide the service for free. The EA is not required to be your friend, he/she is just a facilitator in the process and to be honest I would prefer an EA who is abrupt and to the point than some smoozer who is constantly on the phone telling me how great my offer is and that it's looking good. Just forward your offer and wait.

Advertisement