Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting from September 2015 - May 2016

Options
  • 12-07-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I have a property that I have been renting out for the past few years. The tennant is moving out soon. I would like to rent the property out again but only from September to May. The property (a 1 bed apartment) is not near a college or public transport so I don't think it would be suitable for a student, it would probably also be too expensive for 3rd level accommodation €900 per month. Would there be much call for a 9 month lease. I don't want to rent it to someone unless there is a guarnatee that they will leave at the end of May next year (family members returning home from abroad and they will live there).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is possible, although it needs to be framed as a 9-month lease, as opposed to the usual 12-month lease.

Be careful with Part 4 of the Residential Tenancies Act, which allows you to end a Part 4 lease (but not other leases) so certain family members can take up residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

I suppose it just depends on where it is weather someone would be interested? What part of the country are you in?
    There is all sorts of ads on daft, rooms available for week days only, three month lease, summer lease etc, so once you advertise it as that, and have it in the lease, there shouldn't be any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Thank you for your replies. I will be advertising for a nine month lease only. When I looked up short term leases on daft.ie most of them were for one month or weekly lets, I don't want to do that as it's too messy and we are not in an area that I think people would want to holidays in. I will just have to put up the advert and see how it goes.

Advertisement